AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at a few online pictures of prosceniums and Ted White's great instructions on building a stage I'm going to try to build one in the next few weeks. A query regarding the relationship between the columns/structure on the stage that hold the speakers and the screen wall. How far out from the actual wall do you typically build your screen wall? In some of the pictures I've seen, the screen looks like it is recessed a good bit from the front of the stage/proscenium/speaker enclosures.

Another (simpler) option would be to build a simple stage, place the screen out an inch from the room wall after covering the wall with Insulshield and GoM black, and leave the LCR speakers in open view on the stage.

Any opinions/thoughts appreciated - thanks.

baloo

·
Registered
67 Posts
>Another (simpler) option would be to build a simple stage, place the screen out an inch from the room wall after covering the wall with Insulshield and GoM black, and leave the LCR speakers in open view on the stage.

This is "exactly" what I'm doing. The GoM black (FR-701) helps absorb stray light.

I don't have it completed yet or I would send pictures. But I have the stage half built.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Funboy,

Any chance you would mind if I came by and had a look at your construction. I'd be more than happy to offer any assistance I could.

Wes

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback Funboy. I suppose that the simpler option also leaves open the possibility of later adding a more elaborate speaker/screen structure to the stage. Are those that have built a full proscenium glad they made the extra effort? From the pictures I've seen they look very polished and professional.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I want to get some damn movies in (poor Proj. has been in its crate for 6 months!) so I have the stage built but have future plans of a motorized drapery system and columns up front but if you want to see it now, go to:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/herpvet/theaterupdate.htm

Good luck,

Warren

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.