AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've read a number of threads that refer to a receiver that has auto eq to and a velodyne piece that has auto eq for the lower frequencies only. does anyone know if any manufacturer is planning on releasing a stand alone unit that can be added to an existing system that will be able to auto eq six channels?

·
Registered
30,760 Posts
The Velodyne SMS-1 for bass only. It can be used in that range as an auto-EQ like you find in some HT receivers. It works better, though, if you adjust the controls while you watch what the response is on the display.

So, I know of no currently-available stand-alone full-range auto-EQs. However, I have heard that one is on the way.

Kal

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
behringer 2496 maybe? BUT, if you can use it depends on what receiver you have and what connections you have on it . And if you want all channels eq'd, you'll need more then one behringer.

·
Registered
30,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3
behringer 2496 maybe? BUT, if you can use it depends on what receiver you have and what connections you have on it . And if you want all channels eq'd, you'll need more then one behringer.
Right. That's sorta a pro/PA market piece and I wonder about its transparency.

Kal

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The SOS module?

·
Registered
30,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondmanp
The SOS module?
Too limited. Only one filter band.

Kal

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson
The Velodyne SMS-1 for bass is not an auto-EQ
Kal,

I've seen Bruce Hall write several times over in the Sub forum that the SMS-1 will have auto-EQ, just like ver. 2.0 of the DD series subs software. In fact I believe he said that when the SMS-1 comes out it will be with that same 2.0 software.

Has something changed?

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
30,760 Posts
You are right. It is autoEQ but (1) you can get better results with manual control and (2) is it is bass only.

I will edit my earlier post to reflect this.

Kal

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Cool, thanks you had me worried there for a second. Especially because I knew you were a beta tester.

Thanks,

Patrick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.