AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a completely stand alone hard drive recorder that can record and playback 720p?

It can not be part of a PC or a cable/satelite tuner box.

The only thing close I could find outside of the professional video/tv production market is the Gefen HD-PVR and its major lack of connectivity on the output side is too limited.

Anyone have any other suggestions.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hauppauge has an HD-DVR but from the looks of the it probably has the same limitations as the Geffen.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
As far as I know, no such consumer product exists.

Note this forum is generally used for non-HD recording products. AVS has a dedicated HDTV Recorders forum.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am typically going to use this to record from hi-def video conferencing systems such as the Polycom HDX9004 which puts out a 720p HD signal so you can record all of the people, PIP, even computer content that was part of the conference in HD. Then play it back as required i future class and perhaps even archive it to there servers.

I did not go to the HDTV recorder section as there will never actualy be any HDTV recorded.

·
Registered
14,210 Posts
Click #1 in my signature for two SDTV DVDRs with HDD that might be ideal for your purposes? They'll downrez the 720p to 480i which is reqd for recording in a SDTV unit. They can uprez the recording to 720p or 1080p if desired for playback, but obviously it'll still be an SDTV source... might be OK for your purposes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts