AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for recommendations for a stand for a 61" Samsung DLP (still undecided between the 6167 and 6168)

I like the Bellos, but they are kind of pricey.

I found a couple stands on Circuit City (Neo Moda, Z-line, Tech-craft), but I'm looking to draw on the experience of some of those who have gone before me. I want a more modern look. If it's wood, I want it to be black. Otherwise, black/silver combo. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Check out the stand I built. Works great for all my equipment.

You can get the parts and build it from this site.

www.storables.com and go to the price list to find the parts needed. You need 4 posts, and how ever many shelves you need along with the fasteners. I went with the 48"x18" black shelves. That is a 61 inch GVC tv and it has plenty of room for the base of the tv to sit on it.

Oh and it cost me less than $150.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got this post off the owners boards, it shows a bunch of stands:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...nd#post5988687

Here's the information taken from Rebies post:

Edit: links removed since many didn't work. Go to the post above.

It seems height would be very important. Hopefully an informed person can enlighten us with the proper height assuming average household furniture. I did see one person state that 17" is too high and yet a bunch of stands are higher then that (TV tilted?). We really could use a specific thread just for stands so hopefully more ppl will post here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike,

Do you have a 61" Samsung? I noticed the depth of that unit is only 17" and am wondering if the TV hangs off the edges?

Matt

·
Registered
40 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.