AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post and what a great resource this is. I have one of these coming in the next few days and I was not about to pay $600 for the Sony stand. I have two maybe three options at CC for $299 and under.

Can you guys point me in the right direction? What are you using? Where did you get it, etc.?

On a side note, this TV will be a January build and my rep at tweeter was adamant that the light/buzz/ciruitry problem only appied to the XBR's.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
In addition to Circuit City, check out IKEA (if you have one nearby, of course) as they have a bunch of simple stands for very little money.

Bill

·
Registered
81 Posts
everytime I read a post about BB or CC or IKEA I cry.

living in the middle of nowhere sucks!

can't wait to join civilization in the future!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just go to your nearest furniture store and buy a low and sturdy coffee table. I picked up one that is roughly pie shaped which is open at the bottom. I positioned it so that the wide part of the pie faces me. This gave me plenty of room for my rather large Martin Logan center channel speaker. It could alternatively hold a/v components. It cost about $300.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am trying to decide between the bush VS74377-03 and the Avdeco CO 325 cosmo right now. I am getting the 50 inch wega. Google on those models and you will find plenty.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ya, i just picked up the sony GW1 because I KNEW the TV would fit on there. got a little bit off list, but im not extremely happy

·
Registered
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBobGoat
everytime I read a post about BB or CC or IKEA I cry.

living in the middle of nowhere sucks!

can't wait to join civilization in the future!
C'mon Goat dude! If you are here then you know about the internet! Both BB and CC have decent sites and usually ship for free!

Personally, I saw a nice italian made BellO stand at my local Tweeter that I bought online for $350 less, plus I didn't have to lug it home from the store!

Next time....Google it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryJoe
On a side note, this TV will be a January build and my rep at tweeter was adamant that the light/buzz/ciruitry problem only appied to the XBR's.

Thanks,

Joe
Sorry to break it to you but this is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY off. As a matter of fact the opposite is probably more true.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your not breaking anything to me, I can read, and I read every page of the Buzz thread. Just passing along some info from tweeter. This is a very busy store here in the Boston area and he had no motivation to lie. Of course he was wrong, but from his experience, "we have sold thousands of these TV's in the last quarter of 2003, and none have come back with this issue".

I hope I am so lucky.

·
Registered
81 Posts
cape cod -- i know i can shop online, usually i am the king of amazon and BB.com but i wasnt sure any of them were going to fit and my buddy gave me a little off that sony catastrophe, so i just impulsed it. oh well, at least it looks pretty

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryJoe
First post and what a great resource this is. I have one of these coming in the next few days and I was not about to pay $600 for the Sony stand. I have two maybe three options at CC for $299 and under.
Joe I bought the Bush VS47388 from CC (at $299) for my 60xbr800 and can highly recommend it. Oddly, this unit could not be found on the Bush furniture site, so maybe CC has an exclusive on it. In any case it has an angled shape to it that fits the Sonys very well (at the store I bought it from they had a 70" GW on it), is well-constructed w/tempered glass; in the end you have to decide what "look" you are going for--in my case I have the TV in a "home theater" that I wanted to make high-tech looking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
larry i live in the boston area too after reading all the problems with this tv im still gonna get one but wanted to make sure the place i get it from the extended warranty covers bulbs Tweeters warranty doesnt i mean if your getting a new build it shouldnt matter but just so you know ,cause those bulbs are pretty expensive

its funny though cause all the tweeters in the boston area share the same wharehouse so they should all have the same info and the guy i talked to at tweeter told me the exact opposite that the xbr's are fine and only the grand wega's were having problems

good luck with your set though i cant wait to get one myself

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.