AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for previous posts on this but could not find anything. Maybe this is not the right board.

I am looking at two Bello stands: the AVSC-2051MC and the AVSC-2050MC. The 2051 is 24 inches high and the 2050 is 18.5 inches high. The other dimensions are the same. I am worried that 24 inches may be too high. My TV viewing will be from a couch. Does anyone have either one of these stands with the HLN567? If so, are you happy? Are there other stands people recommend?

Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't think so. I am building an entertainment center for either the 56" DLP or a GWIII and the TV shelf is going to be 26". I do plan on viewing the TV from the bar and the kitchen behind the couch, but I don't anticipate a big problem from the couch. I was planning on putting it lower but this could block viewing from the rest of the room.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
"but I don't anticipate a big problem from the couch"...

If you are at a normal seated level, you will have some brightness issues if the TV is above 24". Had to change my stand height because of this.

John

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
My original stand height was 28" but it was way too high, my current stand is 20 1/2" and is just right.

Jim

·
Registered
372 Posts
There are workarounds for higher stand heights. My HLN46 is in an armoire that is 40 (!) inches high. I simply placed a folded hand towel under the rear base of the set, angling it about 5-10 degrees down, and 95% of the loss of brightness is resolved. It's not tilted enough for the casual observer to even notice that the set is not sitting flat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had been thinking that 20" would be about right, and it sounds like some of you have arrived at this number.

I have been looking at Bello. 18.5" seems to be about as close as I can get to 20" with them. Does anyone have any other recommendations for stand makers?

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I could not recommend a stand because I had mine custom built, it's a beauty huh?

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.