AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed down my choices to the Samsung HLN467, the Phillips 44PL9523, or the Sony KF42WE610. I know I've read on older threads here that the Samsungs take 20-30 seconds to warm up, but I can't seem to find much mention of a standby mode. The Phillips specifications seem to imply that the 44PL9523 has a standby mode.

My new HDTV monitor will be fed by my HDTV cable box and my HTPC. I currently use the power options settings in Windows XP to automatically force my HTPC monitor into standby mode after a specified period of non-use, and I'd like to have this option on my new monitor.

Can anyone shed more light on the capabilities of these three sets in this regard?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Although the Samsung DLP seems to be compliant with whatever the spec is that allows communication back to the PC (can't remember the name now) on monitor type, I played with different standby modes and couldn't get them to work. I just finally told it to blank the screen.

With a DLP the bulb is either off or it isn't, and you probably don't want a PC controlling bulb cycles anyway, as that has the potential to affect bulb life.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.