AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an sc37 today. Having problems with Hdmi standby passthrough. I must be missing something because I cant figure this out. With receiver off can I still watch TV with audio through tv speakers if I have fios box using Hdmi to sc37. When in standby mode is there any lights on front of receiver. Everything turns off on receiver should there still be a light on. Am i wasting my time here. I have a new samsung plasma and when the kids are watching tv they dont need to run the receiver. It seems like manual says it can be done but I've been working on this for 6 hours. HELP!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so it definitely isn't the receiver then. Would it have worked if I was using something other than the fios box. I'm very disappointed but I love the 37 anyway. Picked it up brand new in sealed box for $879 from BB in South Setauket. They have one left and I think they would ship but really expensive to do it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would have been nice to have only one HDMI going to the TV but I'll do what you suggest. I'll also loose the ability to have the 37 scale fios programming. Nothing ever goes smoothly. Maybe I can get something for my Yamaha RX V3000. The thing is a beast. It was $2000 ten years ago.

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
You're likely giving up a bit too soon .... the AVR should have some indication it's in standby mode .. some light on somewhere .. perhaps around the power button (the case on Denon AVRs)? Try to get another HDMI source to pass through when the AVR is in standby to at least confirm the feature works correctly. Make sure KuroLink (HDMI Control) is set to ON on the AVR. And although the AVR uses the Marvell QDEO chip, keep in mind that the Sammy is still going to upscale the video as well should you have to bypass the AVR.

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is the response I received from pioneer about the sc-35.

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

Along with HDMI Control having to be ON the source device and television must be equipped with the same version of the control capability as the receiver. If either the source device or television have a different form of control the pass through will not work the moment receiver is powered off. Only other thing to do would be to make an additional connection from the source device to the television.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.