AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to raise my DM603s about 12 inches. Any suggestions as to a good stand to use?

TIA

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Have you thought about the one B&W sells? My brother picked up one for $50/pair.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by iqwertyi
Have you thought about the one B&W sells? My brother picked up one for $50/pair.
What ones are those? Can you provide a link or a model number, perhaps?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Tried to look at the B&W website, but can't seem to locate it there. I'll check the invoce when I get home and see if I can do a search with that. It's not the ones use for the Nautulis or CDM line with the silver stand. This was all black. I'll check around and see if I can find a pic of it anywhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iqwertyi, thanks for mentioning that B&W sells a stand. I too looked at their web site before posting my question and found nothing. Their web site really could be better (but at least it is better than the Denon site!).

Anyway, I'll call my local B&W dealer tomorrow and see if he has anything.

·
Registered
136 Posts
iqwertyi: Did you ever get the chance to look at the model of your broth's stands?

·
Registered
15,728 Posts
When I was auditioning speakers I also noticed the 603's were a bit too low, I then decided to go with the 604's. They are the perfect size for excellent tweeter placement. I think all floorstanding speakers should take tweeter placement into consideration. Why bother if they're way too tall or way too short?

Dan

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Sorry for the delay.

Looking at the receipt as I type. It has a model of "DM600/01 Stand" and description "20" Metal Stand". Don't know if this is just the dealers description or the actual model for this stand. The speakers/stands were supposed to come in on friday 4/18/03, but didn't. When it does arrive, I'll check the model on the actual box/package and post what the model is if different from the one on the reciept.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just helped a friend with stands for the 603's. B&W web site doesn't show the stands but they are listed at the dealer in a book they have. The price he paid for them was $90.00 for the pair. They are not the best looking stands but they are the correct hight which put the tweeter around 36". I want to say they where 18" stands. They also have a 24" stand that can be use. My friend didn't like them so he took them back. The corners are 90 degrees and they are sharp. He was afraid 1 of his 2 children may get hurt with them. He is having someone to weld him some I think 24" high. Wood technology had some nicer stands but they did go up to about $150.00. Also the B&W Nautilus stands will work and they look great but they ar about$300.00. Crutchedfield has some stands find something you like and then search the net to compare prices.

Allen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.