AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Some advice I can give you ( it may not be good advice :) )

Try and keep it as short in height as possible. The Sony stand that is $599 is about 18" high; that will make your TV height pretty high. I had a friend of mine build me one, that stands about 14", and believe me I can't imagine the GWII 60 inch being much higher.

Now for the bad news!!!!! All stands that I have seen, including the 800 dollar Bello's are 18". The stand UMR is showing is really pretty too, but I noticed it is 22" high.

Lots of people really like the Ikea stands, if you go to their website, it is under >Storage furniture, then TV-Hifi.

One person mentioned sitting on your couch/chair or wherever you watch TV and measure where your Eyes are from the floor. I think for most people it's around 37-41" off the ground. The center of the GWII 60" is 27.5 " from the base. So if you add an 18" stand to that, now you have 18+27.5=45.5" which means the center of the GWII 60's sweet spot is slightly higher. I guess you get the point.

Good luck, the TV is pretty nice. I actually watch my first real show today in HD and I was very impressed.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jsrdlr
Don't have a picture of it but got a stand from wallymart of all places. 50 bucks, storage on the sides for DVD's and enough room underneath for my audio receiver, sat receiver, dvd player, and an STB. Just run down to your local walmart to check it out :D. It's pretty much the perfect height, black color. We're moving in

·
Registered
480 Posts
eweiss, HxWxD= 18x36x18. It comes with rollers but I opted not to install them to keep the height down. It has a glass front door with a single shelf inside and storage areas to the left and right side of the unit. Pricing may be different in your area. Manufacturer was Sauder I believe but I couldn't find it on their website. I'll see if I can borrow a buddies digital camera and post a pic or 2.

Jason

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 50" is sitting on the Bell'O AVSC 2102 (22" tall) in the living room, a little bit too high for me. It will go on the AVSC 2050MC (18.5") once it's moved into the bedroom .:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Crutchfield lists the Sony stand at 15 7/8". Why are a some of you saying it is over 18"?

--

60" GWII, Time-Warner HD digital cable

·
Registered
128 Posts
The most interesting stand I've come across is the GV101 from Techcraft Furniture. This stand is specially made only for the 60XBR800. The stand makes it look like the TV has been built in.

Take a look at the picture to see what I mean. It costs about as much as the Sony stand but looks a lot neater.

Go to http://www.techcraft-furniture.com and go under products/companion.

The portion where the GWII sits is 19.5" high.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I ordered this TechCraft stand for my 50". In fact, it should be waiting for me at home today. :)

http://www.dynadirect.com/fn-tcmt400.html

It is only 19.75" high - my TV is currently about 2" lower than that and for my viewing, 2" isn't going to be a huge difference. I did however rule out several stands that were 22" to 24" in height because I sometimes view on the floor from a relatively close distance.

UMR - I'm jealous of your JVC HM-DH30000 :)

If my STB had firewire out, I'd have one on my rack too! How's the quality?

Ron

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I ended up getting the "wide" Bello. It is a little high and quite expensive but it has room for all my AV components and my center channel speaker.

·
Registered
59 Posts
UUronl,

I was about to get the same thing, the Techcraft MT-400 but than I opted for the Bell'O AVSC 2102 and now it's the AVSC 2050MC that the 50" is sitting on. The 40XBR700 took place on the other. Both are really nice stands, the 2102 is 22" tall, the 2050 is 18.5".

ADGrant,

Which one did you get?

:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone considered the techcraft VET420? I realize it is 21 inches high but the finish makes it look like it belongs with the Sony GWII. Price is about $239 plus shipping. My eye level is about 43 inches above the floor placing the center of the screen 2 1/2 inches above eye level according to mmereros. Is this height really a viewing problem and if so why? Still awaiting delivery of my 60GWII

·
Registered
809 Posts
isn't the GW1 stand (that's the stand made for the 60xbr800 and 50xbr800) only 18" tall?

why do so many NOT like that sony stand?

my direct email is: [email protected]

how's the picture on regular digital cable tv, by the way?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.