AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably going to buy a tv like the GWII or Panasonic or Samsung DLP tv's. These tv's need a stand. Which stand would you recomend? Please include links to websites or pictures of the stand if available.

thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
Here is a link that may be of some help:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ighlight=bello

There is more available in this forum if you search on furniture, stands, etc.

I was lucky in that I found that my next door neighbor makes furniture. He built me a custom stand out of oak that was perfect for what I needed. I mention that in the event you have an opportunity to have one built. I have had it for a week or so and will get around to posting some pictures at some point.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought this stand for my 50" GW I took off the metal feet so it only sits 17 1/2" off the ground. This stand is perfect if you have a huge center channel. I paid only $299 at CC. its not cheap but its better then paying $600 for the sony stand. I sit 9' from my set and I would not want a stand any higher then 18" any more and the TV would be too high off the ground giving you a bad viewing angle.

www.bushfurniture.com/assets/large/vs27731.jpg

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link Ray**W. I figured this had been discussed before.

bbyrne that is a nice looking stand. how wide is it?

·
Coyote Waits
27,251 Posts
Here is a low cost option if you have an IKEA store near you:

Ikea has a 59 inch stand in black for $78 that's pretty good for the money. They also have it in birch for $99. It looks pretty good. It's the OPPLI TV bench and is 59W x 19 5/8D x 15 3/4H with casters. When we got ours they only had black in stock. We intended it as a temporary solution but it's looks and works so well for us that I expect we will have it for some time.

There are three component bays. With the outside two bays you get an adjustable shelf. It has casters that seem to work smoothly. You do the assembly.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...514&fullpage=1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.