AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you more experienced in turntables, I find this puzzling. My Stanton T90 seemed to lose the right channel on occasions. But I found that tapping on top of the corner of turntable sometimes activate the right channel back on. Or rubbing one of the wire under the cartridge with a loud buzz feedback on right channel.

Is this a question of a loose wiring...to experience this periodic dropping of right channel. Except for this annoyance, I enjoyed using the Stanton T90 connected to my vintage Pioneer Stereo Receiver...ah, listening to my old LPs as well as recently bought LPs to replace those I gave away...duh me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which wire?

Ha...the usual suspects...now need to figure out which one...am looking at a few threads over at audioasylum...may have to poke around the cartridge....:eek:

·
Registered
21,835 Posts
The wires that support the right channel on the cartridge (two) or the one from the TT to the receiver (one). :rolleyes:
Here's another suggestion... just for jollies, swap the TT cables at the receiver's phono inputs. See if the "problem" moves. Maybe the vintage Pioneer has an issue. ;)

Reactions: natchie

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
lose the right channel on occasions.

tapping on top of the corner of turntable sometimes activate the right channel back on.

rubbing one of the wire under the cartridge with a loud buzz feedback on right channel.

Is this a question of a loose wiring...to experience this periodic dropping of right channel.
Loose or corroded connector or connector-to-wire would be my guess.

Reseat all the connectors.

Try again.

I like to use anti-corrosion goo on my connections as a rule.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts