AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
QIJO, Do you subscribe to the superstations on Star Choice? If so hows the PQ and monthly cost? If Dish Net loses the supers I will be most likly turing to Canadian DBS. *C offers 3 of the supers E* has. With the US exchange rate Ill pay 2/3s of what they cost. Im mainly interested in UPN since I cant Buffalos UPN.

Steve

·
Registered
358 Posts
As you will see here on the StarChoice website www.starchoice.com/english/shop/channels.asp they have bundled:

Superstations(UPN38 Boston, WGN Chicago, WPIX NYC & KTLA LA)

TMN-The Movie Network(TMN1-5)

MoviePix(1-2)

....in a bundle called "Movies" for $20CAD/month

To access this bundle you would need their "Essentials" bundle for an extra $16CAD/month

WTBS is in another bundle.... "Prime Time".

I have their English Platinum package minus MoviePix....$52CAD/month which gives you about 150 English video + 100 audio channels(some of the video channels will cost extra after Jan 7th).

The picture quality on almost all channels is very good. Since StarChoice moved core programming to F1(the world's most powerful commercial satellite ) in February, they have been tweaking things to improve picture quality.

StarChoice uses the same F1 feeds that Cancom www.cancom.ca uplinks from +/- 20 locations & uses to supply cable companies.

I have been a StarChoice sub since '98.....(DirecTv..'94-'98).

StarChoice has improved selection & quality substantially since '98.

QIJO

BTW www.cfox.com THE FOX ROCKS!

99.3 VANCOUVER...92.3 WHISTLER & 838 STARCHOICE! :p

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QIJO, thaks for all the Star Choice info. I very much appreciate it. :)

Steve

·
Registered
307 Posts
I love my Starchoice system But hate the concept of them owening the dish (there just getting into this) I do know that the DTV is faster on the guide but over all picture quality On S C is great and quite a few movies are in dolby digital on SC

U571 to name one

·
Registered
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Jay Shem

QIJO, Do you subscribe to the superstations on Star Choice?
I don't know if SC still has this deal, but we do not have movie package, but are paying $5 month for Superstations, plus WSBK is part of package that includes A&E and others

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.