AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since both Smallville and Star Trek: Enterprise are on at the same time, and my Dish PVR 921 has only one OTA tuner, I am forced to record Enterprise's HD broadcast on Saturday night here in Charlotte.

This past Saturday, the broadcast was in SD, so I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm that the weekly rebroadcast of Enterprise over the weekend is in HD?

I've confirmed that the Wednesday broadcast is in HD by the way...

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Here in detroit it was pre-emt for sports on Wed. so it was on saturday instead here and to my surprise it was in HD but did not check the re-broadcast on sunday here.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by boo
Here in detroit it was pre-emt for sports on Wed. so it was on saturday instead here and to my surprise it was in HD but did not check the re-broadcast on sunday here.
The re-broadcast has never been in HD in Detroit that I have seen.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
The Sunday broadcast won't be HD, I guess because UPN ships that episode with different network ads, and not in HD.

I've seen WKBD Detroit play a Wednesday night episode on Saturday in HD about 3 times now. They have the equipment to record, but they don't always use it (for reasons unknown to me).

I imagine very few other affiliates have the ability to record. UPN transmits the Wednesday night episode "live", at 8 on Wednesday night. The affiliates just pass it through from satellite without recording it.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I have seen the sunday rerun at times show UPN barker ads about Smackdown on Thursday and its about last Thursday show.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Fret not, mcowher; your high-def scheduling conflict between Smallville and Enterprise may soon be resolved .

·
Registered
938 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by balazer
The Sunday broadcast won't be HD, I guess because UPN ships that episode with different network ads, and not in HD.

I've seen WKBD Detroit play a Wednesday night episode on Saturday in HD about 3 times now. They have the equipment to record, but they don't always use it (for reasons unknown to me).

I imagine very few other affiliates have the ability to record. UPN transmits the Wednesday night episode "live", at 8 on Wednesday night. The affiliates just pass it through from satellite without recording it.
Well, I hope that WKBD keeps remembering to record the HD broadcasts, for Wednesday night sports pre-emptions appear to be a regular occurrance these days (it will happen next week, too -- Michigan and Michigan State in separate basketball games).

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have seen the rebroadcast in Detroit one time. I suspect that it depends on whether the affiliate has the HD "tivo". Given that the Detroit affiliate obviously does since they have rebroadcast at least once then there is the issue of remembering to set things up correctly. I guess they just don't get it right most of the time. I keep hoping becaise it keeps getting pre-empted by the Pistons here which is for darned sure not HD.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Dunno why but it seems that any Detroit rebroadcast on Saturday is more likely to be HD than the Sunday one.

- Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.