AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anybody has picked this up for PC? How does it run?

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Its terrible on the PC, its much better on the Xbox 360. I think the PC version needs more than a few patches.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got it the day it was released and my opinion is mixed, but improving.

There are a few bugs, most noticeably a multi-player bug that makes it difficult to play through the game's multi-player lobby (I have not been able to connect yet, but haven't really tried because I need to upgrade my video card to really play). The day after release, they made a patch for this but it broke a few small other items and apparently has not completely fixed the mp issue (to be fair, many people on the forums have said they are successful playing multi-player).

Also, control-wise, this game was clearly made for the Xbox 360 first and ported to pc. The controls are difficult using the keyboard and can clearly see to be emulating a controller. After hearing people on the forums say playing it with a 360 controller for the pc was like playing a whole new game, I bought one. I have to admit it - it helps a lot.

Lastly, it is quite taxing on the video card but the graphics are outstanding. (I can't wait till my new card is delivered tomorrow!)

What gives me hope? The developers made the game very moddable and the modders have already done some pretty cool stuff. Some examples are music/sounds/voice packs from the movies, new more detailed textures, some are adding new races and ships (for example: Cardassians), etc.

Maddoc claims to be working on another patch, so if that fixes the multiplayer issues... it may be a diamond in the rough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.