AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys/gals seen the fan film/show at 5yearmission.com ?

Is is cheesy and campy? yes... but those people are pouring their heart and souls into a continuation of the original series. Very interesting to go download and check out. The sets and CGI are actually pretty good, as for the acting.... well, I'll let you decide. They are doing this to generate donation dollars for the Space Shuttle Children's Fund.

I am not affiliated with these people in any way, I am a Trek fan and I'll take it in just about any form I can get it.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
OK. Hmmm. Well, I think it's clear that a lot of effort went into this. Not personally what I would have done. Why not have a parallel crew from the same time as the enterprise, since you're never going to duplicate kirk/spock/etc. THe CGI is very good though, and the props are right on. The acting is flat but not nearly as embarrasing as I expected.

All in all, much better than:
http://www.thewavemag.com/pagegen.ph...rticleid=22646

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty much what I thought as well, they spent alot of time and money on sets and CGI. Keeping in mind this is a fan film, it's amazing how far they went.

·
Registered
19,229 Posts
They didn't go far enough. The whole cast should have had plastic surgery and acting lessons.;)

I don't know what to make of this. In some ways it's a bit creepy.

The books are a much better way of continuing the adventures with the original crew.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If your going to go though this much work, why just rehash a collection of reacted scenes for the original episodes. I agree with Moore ,why not the crew of the Endeavour with some original writing.

" ENDEAVOUR" The second best ship in the fleet.

Coming to a theater in someones garage near you!!!!

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Well, actually it is a new story and script, so there is creativity. They do rely a lot on the old cliches', though. Yeah, the Endeavor could have been good. Story arcs, maybe a long running set of encounters with the Klingons. They could have made oblique references to "that bombastic and reckless Kirk, always violating the prime directive and random green women he meets", which would have been fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.