AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know FOX doesn't do HD and Dolby Digital... but did it look better than the DVD?

I'm in Los Angeles and have 2 hours before it airs on my FOX station.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Was Jar-Jar Binks any less annoying? Was the writing any better?:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
DonBerg is correct. It was widescreen but no where near as good as DVD. And yes Jar Jar Binks is as annoying as ever meesa thinks!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
It didn't appear to be cropped -- it showed black bars on the top and bottom of the screen similar to other 2.3:1 aspect ratio films. They must have done a completely separate feed for the digital and analog channels, because the analog broadcast was 4:3 cropped pan & scan, which couldn't have been derived from the center of what was on the digital channel.

Oh, and no "Fox" bug on the screen.

However, the picture didn't look especially good so I would certainly hope that the DVD is better than this.

·
Registered
162 Posts
As a side note, the edge enhacnement was slightly less on the FOX WS version, and it was the theatrical cut, not the DVD cut(which featured a bit more of the pod race).......

EE a bit improved, overall picture worse...

Can't we combine them????

·
Registered
690 Posts
Definitely OAR and 480P here in LA. We did have the Fox bug, but I only checked it out for a minute or 2. Enuff's been said about the PQ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.