AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reminder that the 1st gameplay reveal is this Friday:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/31/star-wars-battlefront-reveal-trailer-debuting-on-april-17th
After two years of speculation, EA and DICE will finally debut actual gameplay for its first-person spin on Star Wars: Battlefront. The first gameplay trailer will bring to life the gorgeous concept art we'd seen previously, and shed light on what players can expect from the grand battles the series is known for. We'd previously learned about Endor and Hoth's presence in the multiplayer shooter, but with any luck, we'll finally learn what other planets we'll visit, which vehicles we'll pilot, and whether or not we can once again play as Jedi. Expect a ton of additional information -- including, hopefully, a release date -- during the Star Wars: Battlefront panel on Friday, April 17 at 10am PT.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No way the game reveal can match the new movie trailer....

Expectations are probably higher since we've kind of been waiting awhile to make a run at the Death Star or take down some AT-AT's. We shall see tomorrow. Should be interesting regardless...

·
Registered
9,452 Posts
What is funny is that Sony has the marketing rights for the game but XB1 EA Access members will get to play the game a week early. Unless Sony finally caves in with EA Access.

Reactions: tampabuc

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm VERY disappointed in the reveal.

Sony exclusive/marketing rights seem to be the kiss of death yet again. Get the crap out the door...desperation = BIG SALES. No campaign, no space battles, fix everything with DLC. This looks like the next Destiny.

Here is the best high-level overview I've seen so far:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-everything-you-need-to-know/1100-6426719/

Playable Vehicles:

• Speeder bikes and snow speeders
  • AT-ST, AT-AT
  • TIE Fighters, X-Wings, and the Millennium Falcom
Battlefront locations include:

• Endor
  • Hoth
  • Tatooine
  • Sullust (a previously unexplored planet)
Battlefront playable "Hero" characters include:

• Darth Vader
  • Boba Fett
  • More to be announced later
  • (You'll also get to "encounter" characters like R2-D2 and C-3PO)
First- and Third-Person:

• Just like in previous Battlefront games, players will be able to switch between first- and third-person with the simple press of a button.
No classes:

• Unlike Battlefield, Battlefront does not feature classes, so you'll get to decide how you want to build your soldier
Battlefront modes:

• The game will offer a "wide range of modes tailored for different types of battles," including:
    • Walker Battle -- The largest of conflicts in Battlefront, this mode supports up to 40 players
    • On the other end of the spectrum, the game's smallest mode--not given a name--will be limited to eight total players
    • Missions -- Playable either solo or with a friend offline (with split-screen) or online
    • More will be announced in the lead-up to launch

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I really have a hard time believing that the actual XB1/PS4 version will look anything like that..

at least, from the actual gameplay perspective. That video looks like it's running on the PS5 or something...

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Man, this was my most anticipated next-gen title overall (E3 2013) outside of a new Mass Effect series which was unannounced at the time. It basically evolved into this:

Pre-order Star Wars Battlefront and receive Early Access to the Battle of Jakku! 2 maps set on the all-new planet of Jakku; one week early! :D

This added news is especially disappointing. There is already a "Deluxe Edition" out there for $69...

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/star-wars-battlefront-deluxe-edition/121214

Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition Includes:
Han Solo's Blaster (instant access)
Ion Detonator (instant access)
MPL Ion Torpedo (instant access)
Ion Shock (exclusive emote)
Victory (exclusive emote)

:eek: $10 for that? Sure. Damn you DICE/EA!

Oh well, hopefully the base game will still be fun and worth $38 on Day1 to play with friends followed by a $40+ trade in soon after. Plus it's not like there won't be any major exclusives & 3rd party games coming out around the same time like Halo, Forza, Tomb Raider, Fable, etc. :cool:

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
According to some reports, this will be the first game ever to include Dolby Atmos sound. PC only but still great news. Must start somewhere.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Oh ****...the Disney Infinity 3.0 version of Star Wars already looks like more fun than the Battlefront version.

Space battles, a run on the Deathstar, Olaf from Frozen vs. AT-AT, it's all there... :D

Must watch this...

·
Registered
591 Posts
That is impressive. I hope there is substance to go along with the style. I gotta admit my hype meter spiked a little bit.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Dice nailed it....definitely a purchase.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts