AVS Forum banner

581 - 600 of 824 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
THAT'S freakin' awesome!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL
Yeah it was pretty fun. However it pretty much ended as you might expect, 3 or 4 of us getting wiped out along with the Walker in a single orbital strike (made someone on the other team happy I'm sure though). We were going to lose anyway so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Read somewhere that in fighter squadron an effective strat is to hang out at the beginning and camp the likely hero spawn token locations. You guys tried this yet?

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Read somewhere that in fighter squadron an effective strat is to hang out at the beginning and camp the likely hero spawn token locations. You guys tried this yet?
I tried it of my own thought, not reading online. I immediately realized it doesn't work. The 'pickup' will not spawn in, there is a proximity limit.

I roamed the area till I saw the enemy pickup the hero ship, still no pickup for me, as soon as I eventuall flew out of the area it spawned in, and of course someone else snagged it.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Why does the Playstation Network always go down on holidays? This is so frustrating.
Was it one of those downtimes where only the people already online when it happened get to keep playing?
I was online, and could play Battlefront just fine, but it wouldn't let me access anything PSN related, like Trophies.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I tried it of my own thought, not reading online. I immediately realized it doesn't work. The 'pickup' will not spawn in, there is a proximity limit.

I roamed the area till I saw the enemy pickup the hero ship, still no pickup for me, as soon as I eventuall flew out of the area it spawned in, and of course someone else snagged it.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still really struggling with that mode in general and have yet to see a single Hero pickup on the terrain below in any of my matches.

Anyway read that some players are claiming the the ship's laser power increases the slower you are going? Did I miss this in the tutorial?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Anyway read that some players are claiming the the ship's laser power increases the slower you are going? Did I miss this in the tutorial?
I think it is in there. But yes, the left stick up adds speed at expense of laser power. Slow down for more power.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
I finally watched this and I am hoping that you are joking here Ben. That was a terrible review of the game. That garbage review should not be in this thread.

"In his 10 hours of gameplay he never once got a hero pickup"...What kind of idiot did we just have to listen to here? Like what is he talking about? I get hero pickups all the time, and no, I don't happen to know where they are going to spawn in at.

10 hours of gameplay...lol.

At first he bashes all of Dice's games from the past 10 years, then later says that this game doesn't hold up to epic moments from those games (while showing epic moments from someone else's gameplay). IDK, IMO this game has plenty of epic moments.

And I guess no one knows how to get deals on $110 of PSN money? Can't people get $50 PSN cards for $40? Or Best Buy gamers club? Or $15 back from PSN for spending $100. It's just that people fudge #'s on how much that they have to spend on this game, a game that will be supported for a few years.

Look I'm not the biggest fan of Dice and EA after BF4, but this guy is an idiot looking to cash in on something that appeals to some. Half of his video is not his own material. IMO, he is just trying to make money off of YouTube and hurry up and get a review out there. IMO, he has taken someone else's POV instead of figuring it out for himself.

IMO, I'm actually surprised how much I like the game and how well it has held up in its first couple weeks. I think the game will be supported well...hell the first map pack comes out in 2 days right?

If I'm going to watch a review where a guy dislikes this game, I'd at least prefer if the guy knows what he is talking about and has his own footage to back it up.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I finally watched this and I am hoping that you are joking here Ben. That was a terrible review of the game. That garbage review should not be in this thread.

"In his 10 hours of gameplay he never once got a hero pickup"...What kind of idiot did we just have to listen to here? Like what is he talking about? I get hero pickups all the time, and no, I don't happen to know where they are going to spawn in at.

10 hours of gameplay...lol.

At first he bashes all of Dice's games from the past 10 years, then later says that this game doesn't hold up to epic moments from those games (while showing epic moments from someone else's gameplay). IDK, IMO this game has plenty of epic moments.

And I guess no one knows how to get deals on $110 of PSN money? Can't people get $50 PSN cards for $40? Or Best Buy gamers club? Or $15 back from PSN for spending $100. It's just that people fudge #'s on how much that they have to spend on this game, a game that will be supported for a few years.

Look I'm not the biggest fan of Dice and EA after BF4, but this guy is an idiot looking to cash in on something that appeals to some. Half of his video is not his own material. IMO, he is just trying to make money off of YouTube and hurry up and get a review out there. IMO, he has taken someone else's POV instead of figuring it out for himself.

IMO, I'm actually surprised how much I like the game and how well it has held up in its first couple weeks. I think the game will be supported well...hell the first map pack comes out in 2 days right?

If I'm going to watch a review where a guy dislikes this game, I'd at least prefer if the guy knows what he is talking about and has his own footage to back it up.
i can always trust mph to get worked up about a guy giving a sarcastic review for youtube views :) mission accomplished!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Was it one of those downtimes where only the people already online when it happened get to keep playing?
I was online, and could play Battlefront just fine, but it wouldn't let me access anything PSN related, like Trophies.
It must have been. I didn't quit the game, but left the multiplayer area for a quick break. When I left, I was signed out of EA servers for some reason. I wasn't able to sign back in for a few hours. I saw others from here on my friends list still playing.

581 - 600 of 824 Posts