AVS Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
This I the first time an MKV has done this for me. Either way, I need to re-remux so I'll verify that the frame rate is locked th 23.976fps in MKVMerge and have at it again.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 /forum/post/21676230

This I the first time an MKV has done this for me. Either way, I need to re-remux so I'll verify that the frame rate is locked th 23.976fps in MKVMerge and have at it again.

Yeah, you only have to lock in 23.976 if the video is h264 (you will get a message popup in mkvmerge when this is the case).

·
Registered
11,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/0

Yeah, you only have to lock in 23.976 if the video is h264 (you will get a message popup in mkvmerge when this is the case).

I think if I got that message I would have selected "yes" but you never know when it is midnight or something and I've been up since 4am!

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 /forum/post/21676357

I think if I got that message I would have selected "yes" but you never know when it is midnight or something and I've been up since 4am!

The message just advises you of the problem. You still have to manually set the fps (if you look at my guide the second screenshot under the MKVMerge section talks about this and how to set the fps)

·
Registered
11,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/0

The message just advises you of the problem. You still have to manually set the fps (if you look at my guide the second screenshot under the MKVMerge section talks about this and how to set the fps)

Thanks!! I'll check the guide again. Don't remember seeing that.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hi. Sorry to bump this up but I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have identified the proper subs in bdsub and have limited my subs to only the forced subs

I took that sub file (also tried converting it to idx) into mkvmerge along with my mkv. I then set it to default / forced. Still, regardless of player the movie will not play the subs unless subs are enabled. Shouldn't forced subs play automatically regardless of sub setting?

VLC

MPC

XBMC branch that has forced subs playback enabled

None of the players show the subs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old post i know but after monkeying around with the return of the jedi bluray i figured out how to get the alien forced subs burned in without jumping thru too many hoops. I used DVDFab ripper and an ISO rip of the bluray. Mount the image to a virtual drive and open dvdfab. Once the disc loads in fab open advanced settings in the disc title field. At the bottom are your subtitles settings. Select direct render to video. Save your profile and exit advanced settings. Open the drop box for the subtitles options within the title and select the 6th english subtitle (at the bottom of list) back at the top make sure to uncheck "display only forced subtitles " click start to convert to your desired video format. Watching the results of a conversion of jedi using thr steps above and it works like a charm.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts