AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting contradicting information on this.

I followed the DLP sources which does not list Michigan as one of the players in the race to supply Attack of the clones in digital format. (or maybe I missed it completely)

However, www.startheatres.com trumpets A Southfield, Michigan viewing of clones in "Digital Cinema".

Is this the same thing?

rbaldwin

·
Registered
72 Posts
rbaldwin,

Thx for this post. I had checked for a digital theater in Michigan last week and noticed that none were listed for Michigan, and I certainly wasn't going to drive to Chicago to see this movie (though my 13 yr old son certainly would want me too!). So, I had given up on seeing it as such.

Anyway, saw your message and followed the link to the Star Southfield and was able to buy tickets on line. My son will be thrilled when I tell him! Now if only it isn't a piece of crap like Episode I...

Thx again.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
There are good and bad reviews. MENACE got it much worse. I'll judge for myself this weekend.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerald C
Looks like the early reviews are dumping it. See this one from the Wash Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2002May14.html
A quick review of his reviews:

Star Wars II: Crap

Nine Queens: Brilliant

Unfaithful: Crap

Time Out: Brilliant

Spider-Man: Brilliant (wonder what happened here)

Enigma: Crap

Hollywood Ending: Crap

Son of the Bride: Brilliant

Life or Something Like It: Crap

Jalla! Jalla!: Brilliant

The Triumph of Love: Brilliant

The Scorpion King: Crap

Crush: Crap

In truth, the film appears to be getting mixed reviews. But let's get real here: mixed reviews really mean that casual or non fans may not like it. The long time fans are likely to love this movie. When I first heard a review of Episode I, it wasn't Jar Jar that the reviewer had a problem with, he wondered whether or not audiences would be able to grasp a movie whose motivating force was a trade embargo.

In other words, what do they know?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.