AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per DVDbeaver.com, Star Wars Episode I has been discontinued so that George Lucas can make modifications to be in line with episodes II thru VI.

Perhaps a new episode I release will be better than the first.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Time to put my copy on eBay and make a killing.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Quote:
"Perhaps a new episode I release will be better than the first" is referring to the quality of the DVD, not it's contents.
Lol- That's would be like doing a Johnny Mnemonic Superbit edition. Who'd want to do that?

·
Banned
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Stevens
Time to put my copy on eBay and make a killing.
Sure and don't forget to add the text of "The Criterion Collection" and some unused spine number on them in PSP Pro, printing out a retail look cover, the unwise may pay big bucks, and you laughing all the way to the bank.:D

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Does it ever end with him and these movies....Just another reason why LOTR rule! Hopefully Peter Jackson won't make these same mistakes with those.

brickie

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveFi
Lol- That's would be like doing a Johnny Mnemonic Superbit edition. Who'd want to do that?
I would :D . It should provide for more entertainment at any rate.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I think Episode I would greatly benefit from some "tinkering" by Lucas. Obviously he will be changing puppet Yoda to CGI Yoda and hopefully he'll do some much needed editing(less Jar Jar, more Darth Maul, improved transfer with no EE, etc).

·
Registered
670 Posts
Quote:
Does it ever end with him and these movies
Give it a rest. It didn't go on moratorium so he could change it. It went on moratorium for obivous reasons.

Quote:
Just another reason why LOTR rule!
The kingdom of boredom, perhaps. ;)

Quote:
Hopefully Peter Jackson won't make these same mistakes with those.
Peter Jackson doesn't have the power to do as he wishes, the way Lucas does. He didn't create anything, he doesn't own anything. He took a story already created a made a film that was funded by a studio. Peter Jackson can only wish he had that power and independence.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think the puppet in Episode I was the "least" of the problems and this coming from someone who enjoyed it more than AOTC. At least the puppet looked realistic compared to a CGI Yoda cutting circles with a lightsaber even though he can barely walk.

We'll probably see TPM re-released with an encompasing box set with additional "original vision" changes in a few years.

·
Registered
10,354 Posts
"At least the puppet looked realistic compared to a CGI Yoda cutting circles with a lightsaber even though he can barely walk."

Opps.. I never thoght about that. This dude hobbles along and then he's all bouncing off the walls and stuff. Sure hope that doesn't wind up making the films less enjoyable.

I think and hope the the episode 1 dvd is dis-continued is primarily to address the edge enhancement though I don't mind if he modifies that chapter or redoes yoda.

-Brian

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
What they could have done to get away with Yoda being the master of the light saber was to change Yoda completely for the first 3 films - make him more human/taller and younger. Then in the 3rd film he makes some **** up and gets turned into this old froggy lookin' thing!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ohmigod, can you imagine all the bitching and whining when the HD boxset comes out in a few years and the original Ep 1 is not available, only the "special edition"?

"Having no life, part of the darkside is"

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.