AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I wasn't a big clones fan (I'd rather see Empire Strikes Back), but I'd like to see it in HD. Also they are showing Spiderman in early May. Kick A$$!

--

Can we trust him?

No, but he has no love for the Empire.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Didn't you guys see the south park with George Lucas and Steven Spielberg? They are probably going to be changing all the guns in Star Wars to walkie talkie's anyway and changing to a different aspect ratio and having care bears walking around in the background.

·
Registered
137 Posts
after hearing Lucas ranting and raving about having EP2 on all the DLP screens in the nation for it's release and also his threats about only releasing EP3 in DLP format, i wouldn't put it past him to let it be broadcast ONLY on the HD channel and not on the SD channel!

of course, we all know his greediness will win out and he'll probably show them on both channels because more viewers equals more money for his gold-lined pockets...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jorgitog1
Hopefully they will go with the preference of the HD audience majority which is non OAR (16X9 No bars on top or bottom).
GASP!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
"Hopefully they will go with the preference of the HD audience majority which is non OAR (16X9 No bars on top or bottom)."

Oh my....

We've been through this in the 4:3 days, please not again.

Just because your screen is now a bit wider the issue hasn't changed.

If you want STII @ 16:9, go watch the DVD and use your player/TV to contort the image to your own taste.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's a digital 1080p source, so it's 1080 lines.. if they show it 16:9, you will get all 1080 lines, but you will get imformation cut off the sides. If they show it OAR, they will 'zoom' out, and will lose some lines of details due to the black bars, but you get the sides.

Either OAR or Cropped, you're going to lose some detail. I'd rather see this 16:9 personally. The loss of information due to the crop doesn't degrade the movie anymore than the actual screenplay.. =/ This movie is just eye candy to me, so I'll take the full 1080 lines.

·
Registered
46 Posts
*sniff sniff* I smell fire. Burning. Flames galore!

As horrible as I thought this movie was, I am firmly in the OAR camp. I just want a pause/zoom control on my Comcast HD box so I can get a huge picture of Natalie Portman's navel. That would make my miserable life complete. :D

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Hopefully they will go with the preference of the HD audience majority which is non OAR (16X9 No bars on top or bottom).
you are in alabama i see... somebody get a rope..... thems lynchin words.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stovetop
Either OAR or Cropped, you're going to lose some detail. I'd rather see this 16:9 personally. The loss of information due to the crop doesn't degrade the movie anymore than the actual screenplay.. =/ This movie is just eye candy to me, so I'll take the full 1080 lines.
Hmm, an interesting argument. Artistic intent vs. maximum detail. Well, on this movie I personally would go for maximum detail, since the content of the movie was... awkward.

That said, I would prefer for HBO to go OAR for artistic intent. Even though _I_ think this movie pretty much blows, I'd hate to impose my opinion on somebody else.

I don't think all movies are best shown at OAR, but I don't trust anyone to make that decision for me.

Nathan

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Please provide the documentation for this statement. If you can't, you're statement is completely without merit and validity.

FYI, two previous polls on this forum have overwhelmingly supported OAR by over 90%. Now, please give us the documentation for your statement.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Quote:
You are severely mistaken.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.