AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
‘Star Wars: The Bad Batch’: New Animated Series To Debut On Disney+ In 2021

By Anthony D'Alessandro

Disney+ has ordered the next Lucasfilm animated series, Star Wars: The Bad Batch with a premiere set for 2021.

Clone Wars architect and The Mandalorian EP and director Dave Filoni will return for Bad Batch as EP, alongside Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Brad Rau (Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars Resistance) and Jennifer Corbett (Star Wars Resistance, NCIS) with Carrie Beck (The Mandalorian, Star Wars Rebels) as co-executive producer and Josh Rimes as producer (Star Wars Resistance). Rau is also serving as supervising director with Corbett as head writer.

The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch – a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army — each possess a singular exceptional skill which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose.

“Giving new and existing fans the final chapter of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ has been our honor at Disney+, and we are overjoyed by the global response to this landmark series,” said Agnes Chu, senior vice president, Content, Disney+. “While the Clone Wars may have come to its conclusion, our partnership with the groundbreaking storytellers and artists at Lucasfilm Animation is only beginning. We are thrilled to bring Dave Filoni’s vision to life through the next adventures of the Bad Batch.”

https://deadline.com/2020/07/star-w...animated-series-ordered-by-disney-1202984190/

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
The Bad Batch | Disney+

A sneak peek at Star Wars: The Bad Batch, an all-new animated Original Series from Lucasfilm Animation, coming soon to Disney+...

·
Registered
20,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disney announced that Star Wars: The Bad Batch will have its series premiere on the streamer May 4 which is suitable considering its Star Wars Day (aka “May the Fourth Be With You”). Meanwhile the series premiere of Marvel StudiosLoki won’t be far behind as it hits Disney+ on June 11.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Bad Batch is going to be 10 episodes (last episode on July 2nd)...so that means it's going to overlap with Loki which premieres on June 11th...first time Disney+ has had 2 major originals overlap

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Everything you need to know from Star Wars: The Clone Wars before watching The Bad Batch

I really encourage you to watch The Clone Wars in its entirety (and could spill thousands of words on why after a rocky start with The Clone Wars movie, it reaches Empire Strikes Back levels of greatness), not everyone has the time to catch up on all seven seasons and 133 episodes...so here is a bit of a crash course of everything you need to know about The Clone Wars to make sense of The Bad Batch...

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
The Bad Batch is following a promising pattern for animated Star Wars shows

While The Clone Wars became a sophisticated series that delivered war-movie action, introduced beloved new characters, and provided strong development for the prequels’ heroes and villains, it started out with a much more juvenile tone, just like Bad Batch...Star Wars Rebels, which Filoni co-created with Simon Kinberg and Carrie Beck, went through a similar progression

In the first season, the cast of primarily teen characters mostly engage in silly hijinks and conflicts with one-note villains...but by season 2, Rebels began drawing on some of The Clone Wars’ best characters, while also significantly developing its main cast...it went on to tell complicated stories about sacrifice, the burdens of leadership, and found family, while providing the first onscreen appearance of one of the most significant villains in Star Wars canon...

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Star Wars: The Bad Batch proves itself to be a worthy successor to The Clone Wars in its premiere episode...

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
I'm going to wait until all 16 episodes drop before starting this...16 episodes means August 13th will be the finale...I'm currently about to start my first ever binge watch of SW: Rebels...I'm glad they went back to the Clone Wars animation style for Bad Batch...Season 7 of Clone Wars looked stunning in 4K Dolby Vision so I'm hoping Bad Batch raises the bar even higher...

Star Wars: The Bad Batch crew talks season length, Omega and Jedi cameos

Writer Jennifer Corbett and director Brad Rau reveal how many episodes are in the first season of the Disney Plus show, and talk about a certain Padawan showing up...

Q. Can you tell me how many episodes this season will run for? Will we be getting multiple seasons?

Rau: We have 16 episodes in season 1. We can't confirm any more than that, but we have high hopes. We love these characters. We'd love to keep telling the stories.

·
Registered
27,830 Posts
Premiere episode was pretty good. Second episode, not very good at all. That Omega kid (or "Omeega") is super-annoying. The whole episode was centered around them dumping her off, and then at the end she sticks around anyway? Ugh, no thank you. Purge her into space, please.

How is Omega a girl, anyway? "She" was explained in the premiere episode to be a clone, and the clones are all male (being sourced from Jango Fett). I'm sure this is just the show's producers trying to make a political statement, but the character doesn't even particularly look like a girl.

Reactions: WilliamR

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Premiere episode was pretty good. Second episode, not very good at all. That Omega kid (or "Omeega") is super-annoying. The whole episode was centered around them dumping her off, and then at the end she sticks around anyway? Ugh, no thank you. Purge her into space, please.

How is Omega a girl, anyway? "She" was explained in the premiere episode to be a clone, and the clones are all male (being sourced from Jango Fett). I'm sure this is just the show's producers trying to make a political statement, but the character doesn't even particularly look like a girl.
I'm assuming they have the ability to flip some chromosomes. They can boil up some clones, this doesn't seem out of sorts to me. I'm suspecting she isn't a clone of Jango.

First episode is almost as long as a movie. I haven't seen an episode of clone wars and don't ever plan on it. I can get by not knowing anything. Who are these guys clones of if all of them look different? There's a scene where the regular clone soldiers have helmets off and they all look the same. But these guys, except for maybe hunter, look nothing like them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts