AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35358.html

First, FORCE UNLEASHED & now this Wii/DS exclusive tie in w/ the upcoming animated movie/TV series.

SW geeks/Wii owners, your dreams are coming true - twice. Wiimote as lightsaber - a perfect application!

EBGames lists an 11/3/08 release date (guessing to tie in with the TV series debut).

·
Registered
118 Posts
So the tv series comes in November but I was at the movies today and the movie comes out on August 15. Are they gonna be connected storylines?

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalBoy808 /forum/post/14222779

So the tv series comes in November but I was at the movies today and the movie comes out on August 15. Are they gonna be connected storylines?

The "movie" is really the first 2(?) episodes of the TV series getting shown in theaters. Theatrical release was not the original intent, but apparently after Lucas saw the finished product, we thought it'd be perfect for the big screen.

The rest of the series will air this fall on TNT & a couple other places. Weird to see the WB logo preceeding a SW film.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
BUMP

What's the word on this? ANY word on this? I'd like to buy a new game for my Wii system, but there is so little I'm interested in that's coming out.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchot /forum/post/15042625

BUMP

What's the word on this? ANY word on this? I'd like to buy a new game for my Wii system, but there is so little I'm interested in that's coming out.

IGN posted a hands-on late last month.

While not a full on review (and I've yet to find any), it had good & not really bad to say.

Looks wise and overall gameplay/features, they found a very polished game. OTOH, the fact that it uses very simple waggle controls (that had them a little tired after a while) coupled with other elements & observations showed that the game is somewhat kid-targeted.

Of course, this is a tie in w/ a cartoon movie/series aimed @ kids (moreso that the 6 SW films), so I expected that. "Chuck stick moves you, Wiimote handles 5 basic motions that transfer to moves on screen. Not 1:1 control of lightsaber moves.

As a longtime SW fan, I am wanting to check this out. But it may be a rental.

Unlike Force Unleashed's Wii Duel Mode, this one does feature single player & a story mode that follows the plot of the theatrical "pilot" to the TV show.

But if you really crave a truly visceral saber experience w/ your Wiimote, IGN says wait, as LucasArts/Krome Studios are working on a SW Wii title to incorporate WiiMotion Plus to be issued sometime in '09.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I am considering this for my 6 and 4 year-olds... and yes, my wife does not believe that either.

Looking forward to any reviews.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Checked some more Metacritic reviews. Nothing overly negative - GameSpy mostly liked it.

Basically, it seems more geared to younger players. Only 10 characters, once all are unlocked. Short single player campaign.

Controls sound similar to those in Force Unleashed, albeit w/ fewer Force abilities to work with (and no Force for Gen Grevious).

Looks-wise, if you like how the CLONE WARS movie/TV series looks, you'll like this.

Being a fan, I'll check it out - but likely just a rental.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Got it yesterday, and I must admit, I will keep my 9 year and 4 year old entertained. Not bad and if you like the Clone Wars movie, then you will like this game as it does tie into the movie.

I am looking to get the light saber attachment as the kids would probably like it even more. The only downside is that you need the numchuck to move so my 4 year has a hard time moving around and then using the wii remote to do the actual fighting.

·
Banned
133 Posts
Force Unleashed is pretty weak on the Wii and Clone Wars is a waggle-fest joke. We're gonna have to wait for MotionPlus for a proper lightsaber game.

·
Registered
368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRiot /forum/post/15078611

Force Unleashed is pretty weak on the Wii and Clone Wars is a waggle-fest joke. We're gonna have to wait for MotionPlus for a proper lightsaber game.

How much you selling your copy for?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts