AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,971 Posts
Looks more like a 3rd party seller who bought a bunch of the UK versions and is just reselling them here for double the price....
More than double. I paid $22.90 for the same thing which included the add-on costs, currency conversion etc.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I got a notice that this 3D will be released on April 20 from Amazon UK but it can no longer be ordered for US delivery "due to high demand." Preorders are still scheduled to ship to the US. My arrival date is expected to be May 7.
I just went to order this and Frozen 2 and it says US delivery not available??? As if it wasn't hard enough to order these now they won't ship them to the US. Looked at Zavvi, they are charging 10 pounds to deliver it here to US. Well I suppose that's it. Can't get 3D anymore.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Ok, it appears that it might be a covid-19 issue. It seems they're not shipping anything to the US right now. I've been checking random items and they all say the same thing. Due to high demand. I don't think it's on the items I think they've just suspended US shipping. Unless it's just temporary glitch, but probably not.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Yeah, amazon is overextended with orders. They are trying to prioritize essentials so anything else is a months delivery even if you have prime. There's just not enough people to do existing shipments to handle international. There's a lot if stuff I have on my amazon.com orders that no longer ship to Canada.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Star Wars / Skywalker Rise 4K UHD MovieNEX [4K ULTRA HD + 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy + MovieNEX World]
https://www.amazon.co.jp/en/dp/B0851YR51M

Star Wars / Skywalker Rise 4K UHD MovieNEX Steel Book [4K ULTRA HD + 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy + MovieNEX World]
https://www.amazon.co.jp/en/dp/B0851YZKDQ

Language: English, Japanese
Release Date: April 29, 2020
Region: A/1

They have a bunch of variations with bonus items such as mugs.
They do not seem to have COVID-19 shipping restrictions.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You can put me down as order has been dispatched. I'm not to concerned how long it takes to get here, as long as it gets here.
check your mail, mine arrived today about a week before it was supposed to. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Let us know if it's too dark in some spots for 3D. It really suffered in the theater in dark areas.
Gonna be honest here, i didnt notice any dark issues but im not normally looking for anything like that during a viewing. overall the picture quality seemed really good throughout the movie, the volume did seem kind of low versus other blurays that i watch. and i didnt really like that movie as a whole but that is a personal opinion. i will watch it again soon as ive schedules a starwarsathon with my wife and kid :)

3DBob if there is part of the movie you would like me to play just to see if i notice something let me know.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Let us know if it's too dark in some spots for 3D. It really suffered in the theater in dark areas.

You know i watched it in 3D at the theater and i had a horrible experience the whole movie was just dark.. But last week i streamed it in 4k and it was more than perfect.. It was actually amazing..

Brasstax reviewed the 3d version yesterday and he said it was reference quality and no problem with dark scenes.. I should be getting my copy next week I cant't wait..

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.UK on March 21. The page says it will arrive between May 1 and May 6 but still does not show as being dispatched. Haven't gotten any notification that shipment has been delayed but I am a little concerned. Hopefully it will go out in the next few days.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.UK on March 21. The page says it will arrive between May 1 and May 6 but still does not show as being dispatched. Haven't gotten any notification that shipment has been delayed but I am a little concerned. Hopefully it will go out in the next few days.
You should be good, i think you just have to wait for your copy to work to the top of the shipping work load?? ive ordered a lot of 3d blurays from amazonUk and everything shipped in the time period specified. I think the priority items go first while at the same time they are shipping the less important items, even though 3d blurays are not less important to some of us :D

Reactions: TonyDP

·
Premium Member
12,971 Posts
The UK website doesn't even show "Dispatched" yet, but the email said delivery May 6th. I preordered on Dec 29. My CC was charged the same day I got the email. TonyDP- check your CC charges. In the past, Amazon never charged the CC until the day it ships.

Reactions: TonyDP

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
The UK website doesn't even show "Dispatched" yet, but the email said delivery May 6th. I preordered on Dec 29. My CC was charged the same day I got the email. TonyDP- check your CC charges. In the past, Amazon never charged the CC until the day it ships.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will do.

·
Premium Member
12,971 Posts
I just got tracking number and estimated delivery May 2.

·
Registered
690 Posts
This is disappointing, and frustrating. I don't know if I would have pre-ordered this or not, but even now when I search for "Rise of Skywalker" on the Amazon.co.uk site the only physical release (like any physical release at all, not just 3D) that comes up is not currently available. And, today was the first time a physical disc came up at all and I've been occasionally checking there since January. After reading this thread (was quite honestly unsure what was happening with the disc releases for this movie), I was able to finally track down the Amazon.co.uk 3D listing as someone had posted the page address in one of the comments I found on an Amazon site from a different region. I suppose it'll probably only be a couple months before things have calmed down enough that they'll start shipping out of the UK, and I'm sure there'll still be copies available, but still quite annoying.
Morgan

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
My order has been dispatched with a delivery date of May 6th. I will now have the sequel trilogy all in 3D alng with Rogue One in 3D. They(sequels) are my least favorite SW films but they're OK. The 3D makes them better. :). Rogue One is great though. Best Disney SW film and it isnt even close. Solo sucked.

Reactions: deano86

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Turns out my order was dispatched even though I never got an email from Amazon; instead I received a text message from DHL a couple of days ago, which I assume is handling the delivery. It's supposed to arrive some time today so we'll see how it goes.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts