Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gives?

I can't find these DVD's anywhere, and it was my understanding that Lucas was NOT going to release them on DVD until much later.

Are these 'bootleg' DVD's? And if so, how is the quality?

Or are these DVD's that have been released elsewhere outside the U.S.?

Anyone?

Paul

·
Registered
912 Posts
They are certainly bootleg DVDs. I have bought far too many "rare" DVDs on EBay. They all turn out to be incredibly low quality bootleg copies. For example, these Star Wars "DVDs" are probably VCDs, dubbed off of the laserdisc. I also bought a Forrest Gump "SuperBit" edition. Too bad it was non-anamorphic, non-SuperBit, and in Chinese. Oh, and how about the Snatch DTS version. No such thing, save your cash.

·
Registered
251 Posts
There has been a HK bootleg of the Star Wars trilogy kicking around for a while now. They are DVDs, for sure, but they are taken from the LDs. Natually quality suffers and they are non-anamorphic, but apparently they're not bad as such things go.

Given that Lucas finally relented and released Episode 1 on DVD, you'd better believe that the original trilogy will eventually come out on DVD. The question is, when.

So, caveat emptor. You pays your money and you makes your choice. Personally, I wouldn't.

- David Eddy

·
Registered
Trinnov Alt16, Parasound Amps, Martin logan speakers, 120” screen, SVS subs and dedicated media room
791 Posts
Hi,

I bit the bullet and bought them, as I didn't have my LD player plugged in and had no RF Demod at the time.

anyway, they are NOT widescreen - so watching them on my 90" screen stinks. Although they say DD 5.1, they are actually DPL and the surrounds are roughly 8dB higher then the fronts, so it's pretty annoying. The video quality isn't bad, probably a step up from VHS. If you want to buy all three of them (now that I have my LD player hooked up and can watch them) I'll sell them to you for $20 for all 3! (I have no need for them since I have the special edition LD version...)

Eric

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Done. Thanks!

I sent a PM to you to find out how you want payment.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.