AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always loved the Starfields that people have in their HT but unfortunately don't have the ceiling height (or money) for it.

I've recently decided to paint my ceiling black and was wondering if anyone is using a "poormans" starfield? Maybe paint or even stickers?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
There is the glow in the dark paints - I have been to home shows with people selling the service - they flood the room with light to charge up the paint while the prior group is leaving. Not quite as effective when you are using dim sconces! Probably lots of kids bedrooms done with star paints.

The problem is they will not stay charged for the length of the movie like the lites will. But if you are willing to add brite lite to your room to charge them up - and like the idea that it will fade away - takes just as much time and patience as poking fiber stars.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just got home and had to remeasure my ceiling. It is actually 7' 4.5". After the carpet and star ceiling it will be 7' 2". I wish it would be higher, but I think when you are seated watching a movie, it should still be enjoyable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts