AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Blessed Time Warner!

Cable went out last night, does anyone know if I can get the first episode online...hulu, iTunes, etc?

·
Registered
21,213 Posts
I thought that the opening episode was just OK, too. Nevertheless, the PQ was, as usual, stunningly beautiful.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Crap I forgot to record it on the HD channel, we just got it early in the summer. It was an ok episode but as far as a good season premiere it was weak. They dealt with Carter real fast. From what I read this will be Jason Mamoa's last season.

·
Premium Member
35,798 Posts
Finally watched Friday's ep tonight, and I have to say, the HD PQ on this show is fantastic, a real showcase for the medium. Plus, it appears they fixed the screwy audio that plagued the previous episodes, now it's a very clean sound, no pulsing, no low dialog, with plenty of active surround and dynamic range.

·
Premium Member
35,798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer /forum/post/14286652

Hmm, my Tivo missed it, but is set up to get this weeks. Bummer.

If past practice prevails, they'll probably show last week's ep before this coming Friday's episode.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Seem's Sam left in time to do SG1:Continuum which is fantastic fyi.

Not a bad conclusion to the season finale of 4. Was surprised to see Rainbow in a Cameo.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan /forum/post/14291329

If past practice prevails, they'll probably show last week's ep before this coming Friday's episode.

Don't think so, they seem to only repeat it at midnight (Eastern time zone) on the same night on the first run eps.

·
Registered
226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone /forum/post/14292176

Seem's Sam left in time to do SG1:Continuum which is fantastic fyi.

Not a bad conclusion to the season finale of 4. Was surpised to see Rainbow in a Cameo.

She wont be back, she has a new show called Sanctuary that will be on SciFi this fall.

·
Registered
213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokilarry /forum/post/14301645

I knew that Woolsey would be taking over operations on SGA, and in fact they alluded to this in the final episode of last season. I don't really see him as a very strong leader.

I am somewhat concerned about the direction this show is going. Amanda Tapping is gone. If this is Jason Momoa's last season, they are really going to need to step things up a notch. Hopefully the producers will allow Sheppard to shine more brightly. I actually enjoyed the episode last season that Joe Flanigan wrote. I guess we'll have to let the season play out. Although, next week's episode looks pretty weak.

I agree. It seems that the writers have a difficult time effectively utilizing some of the characters. Carter was underused last season after a big play-up about her addition to the cast and that there was going to be tension between her and McKay (which really didn't happen). The loss of the Ronin character, to me anyway, won't be any great loss, probably because he hasn't been used all that well (except in the actions scenes). And I agree that next week's episode doesn't look promising -- another weird gimmick to bring back Carson. I tell you, this whole bringing-people-back-from-the-dead thing rarely works, yet so many scifi shows do it.

They really do need to make Shepherd the anchor of the show, the way O'Neil was the anchor on SG1 for so many years. With O'Neil, there was never any doubt who the anchor was, even when he wasn't in the episode. With Atlantis, there's no central figure who leads and anchors the show. Last season, it fluctuated between Shepherd, the scene-stealing McKay, and Carter. I love all these characters, but one of them needs to be the leader.

I think Atlantis is suffering from Star Trek spinoff syndrome. TNG was great, with Picard as the undisputed anchor/leader of the show, but DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise never really had particularly strong captains, and therefore other characters were allowed to take over.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I never thought Carter worked well on this show. Dr. Weir worked much better at Atlantis then she ever did at the SGC, and Carter just felt out of place. I like her in SG1 though...

I think Ronin is hilarious, so I would hate to see him go. Sure, he's a stereotype, but a good one.

I think Shepherd is the obvious anchor, but I don't think it has to be emphasized any further...

·
Premium Member
35,798 Posts
Per IMDb, she's had the lead in a few films made this year...and I don't think she's completely gone, she's still running around as a hybrid replicator, no?

·
Registered
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 /forum/post/14306440

Is there a "real world" reason why Dr. Weir left the show, or was it entirely script driven?

Here is an interview with Torri Higginson before the start of season 4. In it she alludes to why she beleives she became a recurring character. The question is posed at the bottom of page one of the interview.

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...s_legacy.shtml

·
Registered
4,660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan /forum/post/14306541

Per IMDb, she's had the lead in a few films made this year...and I don't think she's completely gone, she's still running around as a hybrid replicator, no?

She was offered an arc this year but turned it down. I don't think she likes the way her character was handled and I believe she's washed her hands clean of the show.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts