AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I enjoyed Ark of Truth, I was extremely impressed with this one.

This one brings back the fun of SG-1 in its full glory and yes RDA is there (does not say much but he's there) Also this may have been Don s Davis last movie (General Hammond) before he passed.

Over all very enjoyable and fun. Would go into more but dont want to spoil it for anyone who has not seen it.

A must see for Stargate fans and fans of just good scifi.

P.S. Rumor has it if this DVD sells more we will have more SG-1 Dvd Movies. This one is a must imo for SG-1 fans.

·
Registered
525 Posts
What he ^ said! R.I.P. SG1 shows/movies, lets hope Atlantis gets a good 10 years.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone /forum/post/14258899

While I enjoyed Ark of Truth, I was extremely impressed with this one.

This one brings back the fun of SG-1 in its full glory and yes RDA is there (does not say much but he's there) Also this may have been Don s Davis last movie (General Hammond) before he passed.

Over all very enjoyable and fun. Would go into more but dont want to spoil it for anyone who has not seen it.

A must see for Stargate fans and fans of just good scifi.

P.S. Rumor has it if this DVD sells more we will have more SG-1 Dvd Movies. This one is a must imo for SG-1 fans.

Thanks Wytchone! This one got by me and I definitely want to check it out.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted /forum/post/14259181

For those, like me, who didn't see this one coming, Wikipedia has an undate and plot synopsis. Caution - you may learn more than you want.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate:_Continuum

The film is dedicated to the memory of Paul McCann and Anthony Huntrod who lost their lives during an accident under the ice cap on the HMS Tireless at the time of filming

Wondered why it was not to Don S Davis now I know.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
I enjoyed the series through the years and eventually saw all the episodes in the SciFi Channel's Monday night repeats. But they certainly rode that horse until it died.

My all time favorite is still the original theatrical Stargate movie from 1994, with Kurt Russel as O'Neil and James Spader as Jackson.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McCoy /forum/post/14261361

I enjoyed the series through the years and eventually saw all the episodes in the SciFi Channel's Monday night repeats. But they certainly rode that horse until it died.

My all time favorite is still the original theatrical Stargate movie from 1994, with Kurt Russel as O'Neil and James Spader as Jackson.

Mine also. Let me to rent and watch the Crying Game. The only movie that made me scream as a man.

Honest.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So any SG fans see this besides me yet? I want your take on it.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
My all time favorite is still the original theatrical Stargate movie from 1994

Agreed

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Yeah, I watched the Blu-Ray version this past weekend, from NetFlix.

To tell you the absolute truth, I thought it was fully the equal of some of the best 1-hour series episodes. Which is to say a good action-packed drama but not up to the level of a classic theatrical SF movie.

In every respect I found the acting, script, directing, special effects, and photography the equal of the weekly series. I was a fan of the series, so I was pleased and entertained - but I'm not buying the disk, either.

As for the Plot:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) There have been 6-10 very similar "Time Travel" themed episodes during the series. The basic time travel paradox can be portrayed in endless variations, and all are equally valid. This was a major criticism rightly aimed at the Brannon/Braga Star Trek series, and now I note that SG1 deserves the same criticism for the same reason.

To tell you the truth, I'll continue to order and view these disks as long as they want to make them, but I'm not collecting these disks myself.

Give me a break already - how many times have they killed Ba'al and Apothos and brought them back? The Ga'oul were wiped out three seasons back, as were the next couple of sets of villians.

They rode the SG1 horse until it died IMHO.

The Blu-Ray was not as spectacular as some. I saw Ark of Truth on DVD and this was not a lot better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great flick.

I admit the time travel/parallel universes are my favorite type of episodes

This and AoT are worth buying.

Like others I hope enough copies sell to motivate another movie

I love how they bring "back" older characters in these alternate stories.

RIP - Hammond of Texas

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Got the BR from NF today. Now if I can turn off the Olympics for a couple hours, I'll watch it tonight. Looking forward to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts