AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took advantage of the power buy for the Paragon poppers. I got the 6 0z. model. I put my order in on Tuesday night and had the popper at my home Friday morning! Had theater popcorn for the family Friday nite movie. Thanks Adam and Paragon!

Also, thanks Brickie, Doyle and others on this board for your recomendations on popcorn!

One thing... when I set up the popper, the doors looked to be a little out of alignment (and I mean a little!).

I saw this post this morning from the last powerbuy and it helped me to quickly solve the alignment issue. In case anyone else has the same issue, check this out, it's a quick fix!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=389269

Bill

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
You're welcome on the popcorn recommendation, and glad the powerbuy was awesome for you.If I didn't have my machine already,i'd be all over it!!!! Now when they get that 6oz 1911 machine it's going to get very interesting!

brickie

·
Registered
222 Posts
My new popper has the door alignment problem. I assumed I was just being picky and figured it wasn't a big deal. Now I can't wait to get home to see if the re-alignment fix works.

When I got the email from Stargate that my order had been processed, who knew that meant it had been shipped!! Great service.

And the local VFW couldn't have been happier to take my 4oz as a donation. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Finally pushed the button today. My popper, scoop and pre-packs have been in the shopping cart for a couple of weeks. My plan was to wait until the end of the month and get the order in before it expired. I hope the box isn't too large...I don't have much room left until the basement is finished in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I also want to say thanks to all the feedback and for the powerbuy. My popper was here quickly, but unfortunately has to live in the garage for a month or two until I'm done with the basement. So hard to see all that popcorn sitting out in boxes.

And I did get the 8 oz machine ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I got one too-ordered it 10/30. Nothing like waiting til the last minute. Got the 8 oz old fashioned one. I would have never gotten anything like this if it wasn't for this forum, wouldn't have even known about it.....so thanks to all of you(Brickie, Pam, etc) for all your postings/experience.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I would like to thank everyone who participated in and contributed to the recent PowerBuy! The reason this works is because of forums like this and members like all of you. Special thanks to Alan Gouger of AVS for allowing us to announce the PowerBuy on this forum.

Also, I would like to thank the wonderful members who already have machines, but who contributed to the PowerBuy by offering valuable information to those who had questions about popcorn machines.

You guys (and gals) are the best!

Thank you all very much!

Sincerely,

Adam Groth

·
Registered
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ram_123
It's too bad I couldn't get in touch with you Adam. I sent 3 PMs to you. I also tried contacting you via your contact form on your web site.
Ram, I'm sorry that I did not get your messages. I do believe that in another post you mentioned that you are in Canada. Since we do not do business internationally, our web server security system blocks most IP addresses that originate outside of the US. Our toll free phone number is also active within the US.

We are really not set up to ship outside the US. Because of this, I am truly sorry that we were not able to service you.

Sincerely,

Adam Groth

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
How long does the shipping and delivery normally take? I ordered on Oct 29. I only ask because I want to be sure that someone is home when delivery is attempted. I live in a new community and there is lots of construction all around me. I don't want my new popper to grow legs or wings;-)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Hovis
How long does the shipping and delivery normally take? I ordered on Oct 29. I only ask because I want to be sure that someone is home when delivery is attempted. I live in a new community and there is lots of construction all around me. I don't want my new popper to grow legs or wings;-)
Jeff,

Since the machines are shipping directly from Paragon, we don't get the tracking info until Paragon sends us our paper statements via snail mail. Usually, by the time we get our statements, all of the customers on that statement have recieved their merchandise.

Since you ordered on the 29th, your products probably shipped on the 1st on Nov (Monday). I checked the FedEx shipping transit calculator and it looks like your items should be delivered in 3 business days from the date they were shipped. tha tputs us at today (Nov 4) or tomorrow!

If I happen to get tracking infor for your order before you get the items, I'll email the info to you.

Sincerely,

Adam Groth

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Thanks Adam, from reading the posts of others, it sounds like they've been arriving quickly. I'm working in my home office today and I haven't seen UPS or FedEx yet.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
As Homer Simpson would say: Woohoo, it's here! Yes, the popper and prepacks came. The stainless scoop however, was on backorder. Eventhough the HT is over a month from completion, we are going to have some popcorn tonight. Maybe, I can find a cable and connect my laptop to the TV so we can watch a move.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Jeff,

Enjoy the popcorn - there is really nothing like the first batch from your own professional machine! I have a 6 oz TheaterPop that I got from a past powerbuy, and I have never once regretted buying the machine.

Good Luck,

Dwight

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Thanks Dwight,

Now I have a question for the group. I see that it says to never use water on the kettle. I have removed all the protective coverings and I'm sure it needs to be cleaned before use. So far, I don't see anything about cleaning in the manual. I need some advice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I ordered mine the same day as you, Jeff and it's not here yet. I'm bummed .. was hoping for a weekend of popcorn making .. guess not. The site (shipping site, that is) said 3 days - it's been 5 now. Even Adam said I'd be good to go on Thurs or Friday ... :( "Fooey!"

Here's to Monday :confused:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Umm, that's gooood corn! Well, I removed all the trays, cleaned them, the kettle and glass with a soft cloth. I heated it for 5-mins and poured in a prepack. I assume that most of you guys are pouring the prepacks into something other than the kettle and then into the kettle.

Rookie mistake #1: I tried to squeeze everything from the packs into the kettle. Now I have three burns: one on my right wrist, one on my right hand and one on my left thumb. That one reallyl hurts. I think I'll use the plastic scoop that came with it for this job and the stainless one for scooping popped corn.

Rookie mistake #2 I forgot to lower the cover onto the kettle. Well...the kernels start to pop out with lots of oil...everywhere! After a few minutes of cleaning, it looked presentable enough to try again. This time, it was flawless and I had to fight off the girls (daughters and wife) like I was wearing my Hi-Karate after shave!

Love Doc, I ordered mine on the 29th and the invoice says the order was received Nov 1 and shipped Nov 1. Yours may not have processed until Tuesday, Nov 2.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My invoice still doesn't even say anything. :0\\ Still says "received". I'd love a ship date, but oh well.

Anywho - did you have to be home for the delivery (and sign for it) or was it released at the door? Sun/Mon's are my day off - just trying to plan whether or not I can go out and do something or stay home all day waiting for a possible delivery. :0\\

(And no, I'm not upset at Adam - I still plan on purchasing from him again in the (very) near future). I'm just over-anxious and got home from work early today in "hopes" it was here. :|

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.