AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
True, I watch a surprising number of shows on the CW I’m embarrassed to say. Though, less now than previously. I’m really truly getting tired of superhero shows I think. Legends of Tomorrow still makes me laugh sometimes. I watch In The Dark and The 100 still. Also, I watch Riverdale with my daughter. I loved iZombie too, sad it’s over. I’m still watching Flash for some reason I can’t figure out at this point. I actually like the CW mostly.

I will not be watching Stargirl though.
Riverdale might not be a superhero show, but it's definitely a comic book show.

·
Premium Member
9,012 Posts

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Remember that this is a streaming show. CW repeats the episode the next day on broadcast, but the premiere is streaming.

·
Premium Member
9,012 Posts
Great premier episode laying down the character development background. I'm ready for episode #2 .

·
Registered
26,507 Posts
The show premiered today (Monday) on DC Universe. The CW will rebroadcast the episode Tuesday night.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Is there a noticeable quality difference (improvement) for DC Universe-made shows compared to CW Arrowverse shows? I plan to watch the first episode regardless, but I'd like to manage my expectations.

·
Registered
12,700 Posts
Is there a noticeable quality difference (improvement) for DC Universe-made shows compared to CW Arrowverse shows? I plan to watch the first episode regardless, but I'd like to manage my expectations.
you get 4K HDR with DC Universe (for select shows like Titans, Doom Patrol etc)

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
you get 4K HDR with DC Universe (for select shows like Titans, Doom Patrol etc)
Good to know, though I was interested more in the overall production quality (sets, locations, visual effects, etc.), acting, and quality of the writing (especially the latter). Batwoman was a huge disappointment for me, and most of the other CW Arrowverse shows have gone down the tubes of late as well.

·
Registered
12,700 Posts
Good to know, though I was interested more in the overall production quality (sets, locations, visual effects, etc.), acting, and quality of the writing (especially the latter). Batwoman was a huge disappointment for me, and most of the other CW Arrowverse shows have gone down the tubes of late as well.
I don't watch any of the CW crap but Titans was surprisingly good and I hear Doom Patrol is also excellent (will watch both seasons after S2 drops all its episodes)...definitely way more adult oriented then anything they would be able to show on CW

·
Premium Member
9,012 Posts
FYI: The DCU streamed version is about 10 min longer than what the CW will air on Tuesday.

·
Registered
26,507 Posts
I set the first episode to record from The CW tonight, but my DVR apparently decided not to bother. Probably not a good sign.

·
Premium Member
9,012 Posts
I set the first episode to record from The CW tonight, but my DVR apparently decided not to bother. Probably not a good sign.
Probably because it knew that it was the inferior, shorter, version as compared to the DCU streamed version. :D

·
Registered
26,507 Posts
Probably because it knew that it was the inferior, shorter, version as compared to the DCU streamed version. :D
In my experience, being longer is the last thing these Arrowverse shows need. More running time means more room to add inane filler. A typical episode has at most 20 minutes of worthwhile content as it is, on a good week.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
After reading above that 10 mins was cut from the CW broadcast version, I was paying closer attention to any potential plot holes, inconsistencies, and abrupt transitions that we often see in these kinds of shows anyway. But nothing really jumped out. The episode was pretty clean and tight story wise.

The only thing I didn't understand, that I assume was the same in the longer version, is how Pat didn't know Courtney was Starman's daughter. The mom did say Starman visited his daughter only once a year, so maybe that was just a part of his life he kept secret from his sidekick. It didn't seem like Pat was lying to cover up the fact he knew all along and didn't say anything. He genuinely seemed surprised.

I also wonder if the extra minutes will carry over week to week and we'll end up with a couple of extra episodes in the broadcast version. I did confirm the runtime discrepancy: the CW on-demand version lists a time of 42:42 and the Amazon Prime (for purchase) version is 53 mins.

21 - 40 of 160 Posts