AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to move my new HT towards a HTPC setup. However, since I already have a great DVD player and scaler, I want to start with more immediate need - a CD jukebox. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but it seems most of the players I've seen assume that you have access to video to choose and play your ripped CDs. I'm looking to do something similar to dedicated CD jukeboxes without dropping the $10k most seem to want to store 500-600 uncompressed CDs. I want to be able to have a list of my available CDs in my remote and play a CD without having to see the screen. Essentially, send a command to the PC via IR or RF to play CD 4 or playlist 6. The players I've looked at (Real, Win Media Player, Musicmatch) all assume that I will choose what I want to play using the their UI. I want to be upstairs with my RF-enabled Pronto and play a CD without having to turn on the TV or fireup my front projection system.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am in almost the same boat as you are. I am building my CD jukebox first then my HTPC.

Take a look at the following:

MediaCenter 9 - great audio software, multi zone, playlists, etc ,etc, etc.

Monkey Audio - lossless compression of CDs, works well with MC9.

NetRemote - an alternative to you Pronto that runs on Pocket PC's over WiFi

SuperNudelist - Menu driven CCF for larger CD catalogs.

Most of these are free softwares (MC9 is $40) with great support and an always increasing feature set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.