AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have debated doing this for a while. In our search for large displays for an industrial installation we put together a lot of data. The most useful to this forum is attached here (text format, though I have an MS Excel worksheet - if someone wants to convert it to a pdf - GREAT !).

Because we were looking for basically computer monitors, and we quickly focused on LCD displays only, most forum users will find lots of information lacking. Sorry about that, but this is what you get for free.

Even with this limited scope of information, please understand that this is known to be incomplete and probably includes a number of inaccuracies. In addition, what is "accurate" today regarding some future product can well be inaccurate tomorrow. I have included MSRP numbers where readily available for the upcoming products.

I do not intend to maintain this worksheet, but offer it as a slice in time piece of information. If the forum, or its members, find a reason to do more with it, great. If people want to add to this thread their recommended additions, changes, etc., fine, but again, I am not offering to maintain it.

Hopefully this will be of interest to some and "my payback" for the useful tips we have received. Sorry for all the disclaimers, that's what working for a big company will do to you !

lcd comparison.txt 2.685546875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Mario, that's great stuff. So you're gonna keep updating this, right?

:) :) :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good joke !

Actually, as you know, the hard work is getting the info. Slapping it into a spread sheet is no big deal.

If people find reason to post improvements, additions, etc., into this thread, I would at some time update the spread sheet. So far no one has done this though, so we will see where this goes. If you look at the table, it is overweight on Samsung and Sharp product info, and weak on the LG Philips and Sony product info. I would like to see those companies better represented.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.