AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started building my boxes for my new SDX-15's.Boxes are 7.1 cubic feet each after sub and bracing installed.Made from .750" mdf.Not sure if i need to put insulation in boxes or not.Could use some input there.I attached a couple of photos.Not sure how to post pics right up on sceen yet.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Box is looking really good so far, I especially like the braces. How big is the box? Is it sealed, ported or does it have passive radiators?

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Good work,time taken to do proper bracing...time well spent.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Nice work so far... in order to post pics that appear on the screen... you need to use a site like imageshack or photobucket... upload to their servers and use the codes provided... copy and paste when you make a post: use the little icon that looks like a picture... and it asks you for the link location.

Paste into the box and voila~ done.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I see you drilled your mounting holes already. Good! I did mine last and now I'm having issues getting my T-nuts to line up ect. I can get 6 of the 8 bolts to go in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for the compliments.The box size is 30" high,22" wide and 26.5" deep.It is a sealed box.Nothing to fancy.These are my first DIY ht subs.The boxes are actually going to sit in the room adjacent to my ht room.I am cutting 2 holes 22" by 22" through the wall where the x's are on the wall..The boxes will be slid through and flushed up in my ht room.Thankfully the other room has not had the walls finished yet so it will be easy to do.The front of the box will get a piece of birch stained to match the rest of my entertainment unit.Check pic.There will also not be any screws used to hold box together.Using all biscuits.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still not sure how to post the pics yet.What is the ulr?Where do i find the clip board and insert image icon?Sounds easy enough.Just need to know what i am looking for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts