AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting myself a home theater setup and I am currently stuck between two speaker sets that seem good for a starter setup. I am hoping someone out here can help me narrow it down.

I am currently looking at and comparing the:

Klipsch HD 300 set and the Yamaha NS-SP1800BL set

If I am reading this right the Yamaha is a slight leader in direct comparison of just raw stats around the sub and the frequency response range.

Anyone have any other input?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I havent heard the yamaha but i have the klipsch HD500 and it sounds ok for music but the sub struggles a bit on some movies. Ive already ordered a 12" sub to replace the 8" the 500 set comes with.If its going in a really small room you should be fine

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisero /forum/post/0

I am looking at getting myself a home theater setup and I am currently stuck between two speaker sets that seem good for a starter setup. I am hoping someone out here can help me narrow it down.

If I am reading this right the Yamaha is a slight leader in direct comparison of just raw stats around the sub and the frequency response range.

Neither!!!! I have sound tested both and they sound like crap!!! I over researched these budget systems and found the Polk rm6750 had the best sound quality for the price and easily filled all the different sound rooms. Heck the rm6750 beat out the newer Polk rm705. Company's lie on their stats and spec sheet so I wouldn't trust them

The best budget 5.1 small speaker set is the Polk RM6750 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882290066 )

With my Polk rm6750 I am still using the subwoofer it came with and have since upgraded the front 3 speakers to Polk monitor 30's and cs1 center.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/20766880

Neither!!!! I have sound tested both and they sound like crap!!! I over researched these budget systems and found the Polk rm6750 had the best sound quality for the price and easily filled all the different sound rooms. Heck the rm6750 beat out the newer Polk rm705. Company's lie on their stats and spec sheet so I wouldn't trust them

The best budget 5.1 small speaker set is the Polk RM6750 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882290066 )

With my Polk rm6750 I am still using the subwoofer it came with and have since upgraded the front 3 speakers to Polk monitor 30's and cs1 center.

crazyrob,im thinking about upgrading my front three to some higher quality bookshelfs. Looking at polks and the HSU HB-1s.DO you know how they compare?

·
Registered
Display: TCL 65R617, AVR: Denon X2300W, Source: PS4 Pro, Fronts: Infinity Primus 250
3,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisero /forum/post/0

I would suggest going with inexpensive seperates. Speaker "sets" are oftentimes inferior to inexpensive seperate speakers. Depending on how cultured your ears are, you can get away with something as inexpensive as Sony (or other less known speakers in that price category. There are members of this forum who specialize in finding decent performing yet ridiculously inexpensive speakers. Seek them out) or go up ghe next step to Polk or Pioneer seperates.

If you are worried about the price, you can go for a 5.0 system and save the sub for later (and save up for a good quality sub) especially if your front speakers have decent bass.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisero /forum/post/20766741

How big is your room?

How big is your budget?

What do you listen to and how much? Movies,music, games?

That would help a great deal.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by class2001 /forum/post/0

crazyrob,im thinking about upgrading my front three to some higher quality bookshelfs. Looking at polks and the HSU HB-1s.DO you know how they compare?

Polks monitor series 30/40s are a step down from the HSU HB-1's. The Polk RTi line would be close to or in a similar quality range. I am a Polk fan but the HSU's with their enthusiast speaker packages are quite appealing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.