AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I bought an Onkyo HTIB 908, the sub sucks, the center is muddy as heck, the max volume is poor-even with Intellivolume maxed. I bought a BA cnter channel for 250 at CC it was so much louder than the others that I couldn't compensate for it, I returned it. The sub has been thudding lately on a few movies (this is the final straw...) I want a THX certified receiver, 7.1, and Blue-ray capable...Dolby True HD DD+ etc, ethernet upgradeable preferable....I want quality speakers and a sub that will shake the room and not "Thud" or bottom-out or whatever. My center now is muddy even with the treble up a bit, it sounds like it buzzes sometimes during vocals (nothing seems loose, I took the grille off too cause it bugged me so badly...no difference). A co-worker has Klipschs connected to a 500 series and it is insane loud at 50, mine has to be set to 75 for me to feel the audio is good for movies. I have the Onkyo speakers that came with the system, they look fantastic, but I feel they have subpar performance due to the 78db sensitivity, the Klipschs have over 90!, no wonder his are louder. I plan on selling the entire set-up, Rcvr, DVD, 7.1 speaks for less than half what I paid for it (1 year later)....Now the question is, what will satisfy me? I think I am quite picky on the sound now......I have a bitter taste for Onks now so i am thinkin a Denon, BA's-Deftecs-Klipschs-Infinitys, PS3 or Panny Blu-ray. I would be appreciative if anyone would steer me in a good direction, Thanks advance.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That is a lot to ask without a lot of information. You did not give a description of the room or your budget. I would check out the speaker forum and go out and demo some speakers in your price range. Only your ears can tell you what you like.

As far as receivers go, I am partial to Dennon and Onkyo, but YMMV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.