AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 3800 last Nov. & immediately fell in love with the picture. Around Feb I started to get the freezing/skipping issues. The player was sent to where I bought it & they sent it to Denon to get fixed. 6 weeks later I got my player back with a note attached say the laser pickup was replaced. Right away I put in a dvd that gave me freezing/skipping problems(its a brand new dvd)-that dvd still froze in the same spot-so I figured that maybe it was an issue with just that dvd & the other skipping/freezing problems as a whole were remedied. However, this was not the case. I still get freezing/skipping -& now something new-audio dropouts. It does this on both used & brand spanking new dvds. Im really starting to get steamed-i dont want to send in my player for another 6 weeks. I didnt pay $1200 for this & now I dont know what to do :(

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
PM DenonJeff and let him know your concerns (hint: be nice). Maybe he can offer an alternative to sending the unit in for another 6 weeks (was it really that long?). Or, since this issue should have been fixed the first time, maybe he can put in a word for you at the Denon service center for a quicker turnaround. It's worth a try. Hope he/they can resolve this problem for you quickly.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dealer only kept it for 3 days & then sent it in. Anyway, Ive talked to DenonJeff & he pointed me in the right direction

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.