AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 50pz85u. Love the plasma to death! I have somewhere in the range of 250 to 300 hours on it. I did the proper break in and almost never watch blue rays without it stretched to fill the screen. Lately though I am noticing IR. Like with my ps3 fires up and is in the menu screen until I put a bluray in.....I may have it on that screen for 45 seconds and I get IR from that. Starting to notice it on channel logos too. I thought plasma's became less of a worry for IR the more hours that are on it. Is there something wrong with my display? I use the setting's that Tom posted on the cinema setting. Getting kind of worried and I really don't want to play games on it if I have to worry about IR. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
theirs no reason why to worry if you have IR its only temporarly and you can barely see it durring black or no input blank signal. yes the more hrs you have on a plasma set the less you will see IR. the only plasma that i'v seen first hand (ive owned panasonic and pioneer plasma) is a pioneer. Even at 175hrs i played the EXACT game for about 7hrs non stop and i nevesr noticed IR, Where on the other hand on my 600 hrs plus panasonic i did.

bottom line

ir is NOT a problem its temoprarly but if you dont want to see IR then the ONLY tv that wont display IR is pioneer.

samsung and lg vizio are worse in this area, pioneer being the best then panasonic being the second best

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeaustin /forum/post/15518701

I have a 50pz85u. Love the plasma to death! I have somewhere in the range of 250 to 300 hours on it. I did the proper break in and almost never watch blue rays without it stretched to fill the screen. Lately though I am noticing IR. Like with my ps3 fires up and is in the menu screen until I put a bluray in.....I may have it on that screen for 45 seconds and I get IR from that. Starting to notice it on channel logos too. I thought plasma's became less of a worry for IR the more hours that are on it. Is there something wrong with my display? I use the setting's that Tom posted on the cinema setting. Getting kind of worried and I really don't want to play games on it if I have to worry about IR. Thanks for any help.

Again, perhaps this is the fault of the yahoos here but all plasmas are susceptible to IR. If it seems IR is getting worse compared to previous usage under the same conditions, it wouldn't hurt to call Panasonic. Given what some have said here, the Panny customer service is good.

In the meantime ignore the meaningless comparisons. The design engineers for all of these brands are far more knowledgable than the peanut gallery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts