AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else looking forward to this arcade game? It was rumored to be coming out on June 5th. I think it looks really interesting, but most of the gameplay footage I had seen was really rough around the edges. I hope they pull this off, because it looks like it can be what The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct should have been.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope it does well so we can get that MMO next gen.

·
Registered
95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner  /t/1472716/state-of-decay#post_23315740

Is anyone else looking forward to this arcade game?

The wife and I are looking forward to it. We have been for about 6 months now. :p The only games I can get her to play at all with me are games with zombies. Dead Island 1 & 2, Left for Dead 1 &6, plants vs zombies, and soon State of Decay. So yes we are looking forward to it:D.

·
Registered
879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner  /t/1472716/state-of-decay#post_23318424

I hope it does well so we can get that MMO next gen.

I sincerely hope we see 'State of Decay' come out on the XB1.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe a sequel, but I don't see why they would bring the game out any time soon for XBO.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the people interested in this game, Ryan McCaffrey and Greg Miller from IGN are doing 15 minute sessions over the next 5 days of it. The first one went up last night. It looked really cool to me.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I played a few hours and really liked it, but have been way to busy with school stuff to play much of anything. It sold really well, so that's good.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I'm loving this game! For an arcade game, I'm amazed at how large it is, scale wise,and how deep it is (almost RPG style). It's got it's graphic issues (pop up, clipping, and a few other things), but overall it's pretty fantastic.

The toughest part for me is the "real time" events. It sure makes you want to play every day, but it's tough when you return to the game and a bunch of "things" have happened while you're gone. What I also wish I'd known before I started the game was that time actually causes issues, such as people passing away, or missions being closed for good if you don't respond in time.

Overall, so far I'm really enjoying the game. Fairly deep gameplay, zombies, hidden goodies, etc.

-JR

·
Registered
4,775 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glibchef  /t/1472716/state-of-decay#post_23469604

the only thing that bugs me is that there is no multiplayer function, although they did mention that it could possibly be released as DLC later on

I'd be interested in this game as co-op, but I wouldn't be interested in the open world MP like the one Red Dead Redemption had.

My only issue with the game is the persistent time. It's a pain to not play the game for a day, and when you go back all sort of crazy stuff has happened without you being able to control it. As a gamer who can't play every day, I shouldn't be penalized.

Granted, it's a cool idea, and makes the sense of urgency very real, since a mission or person can be lost if you don't respond quickly enough...but that shouldn't also translate to when the game is off. I've lost missions and people simply because I haven't turned the game back on in time.

Still enjoying the game overall though.

-JR

1 - 20 of 22 Posts