AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i connected my macbook to my marantz receiver st7001 via an mini dvi to hdmi converter. the sound is set to come out of the mini toslink port and i just got the cable from monocable. i am getting a lot of static showing up my my panasonic? when iam in my office i use the same port mini dvi port to connect to an external monitor. i have a converter in my opffice that goes mini dvi to dvi? could it be the cable?

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
Of course it could be a cable problem, but...

In the first case you're going through the Marantz, and in the second you're not, right? I'd suggest that's your problem, not the cables. Try connecting to your Panny without sending video through the AVR, then work backward if you are able to get a nice picture.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i certainly would like to give that a try but my panny does not have an accessible second hdmi input. i was told by a colleague that maybe the cables i purchased were "low" grade? could that becase. anyway i just order new cables from Monoprice and they should arrive by the weekend. hopefully that will resolve the problem. if not i might take the main hdmi cable running to my panny that goes into my marantz and plug it into the new convertor that comes...

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
my advice stands, removing the intermediate Marantz complication is what you should do first and simply try to connect to the Panny directly. That could be problematic enough regardless of the particular HDMI cable you're trying...but best of luck anyway...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i took you advice and skipped the marantz and was still getting blue and red lines throughout the screen. after i got the results i didnt want i went through my marantz and got the same results. i even switched to a different input for hdmi and still got same results??? i

1 - 5 of 5 Posts