AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to DLP TV's. Just picked up this one used. It needed a color wheel. Replaced it with no problems. I am noticing what looks like static lines on the screen, 6 of them, running top to bottom, evenly spaced apart. Depending on what's being shown on the screen at the time, they aren't always visible. I tried the tv in different HD STB locations...same result with HDMI cables and component cables. I hooked up my JVC progressive scan DVD player, and they show up while playing a DVD too. Any thoughts? I wish I could better describe the issue...just imagine faint squigley static lines that run vertically and are evenly spaced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the THX optimizer that comes on certain DVDs to calibrate the TV. On the thx optimizer 16x9 aspect ratio set-up, the circle displays perfectly for about a second then the top and bottom distorts. Also, the copyright info at the bottom also distorts, the image seems to shift up a bit..like an overlay/overlap?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I seemed to have found the culprit of the interference? While I was using the THX otimizer DVD, I was trying to calibrate sharpness and color tint. I could could see the interference better in that particular test pattern. I then went into the samsung service menu and was tinkering in the GM1601 section. When I turned Spread Spectrum from OFF (default) to ON, the interference went away. Not sure what the Spread Spectrum does, but my picture seems a LOT better now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts