AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a sony kdl32xbr9, hooked up professionally to the RNG-110 Comcast cable box and the Denon AVR-1403 receiver.

The remote is programmed to turn all on and turn all off at the same time. I have noticed that when I turn all off I can hear static noise coming from the speakers but this only happens when the cable box is on a low channel, that is not high definition. For example in my area the local channel is 4 for (nbc40). This does not happen at all if I turn all off when the cable box is on a high definition channel, for example, channel 232 for nbc, in high def.

If anyone has an insight to why this happens, please post your thoughts. Everything is connected properly, so I am thinking it is because I am turning off when I am in the non digital sound mode, or it is just that channel.

Thank you to advance to anyone who can give me advice.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
My guess is the cable is putting out a high level of noise on those channels and you still hear it while the power supply caps slowly discharge. This noise goes away in a few seconds?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Then if it really bothers you, just switch the source to CD before you turn it off. Otherwise, just ignore.

I once built a sub-amp with a full farad on each rail. It would make funny noises for about two days after I powered it down. I just left it on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again, the noise only bothered me not knowing what it was and just wanted to make sure it was nothing more than what you explained. I thought it had to do with the different channel frequency. I knew that all the connections were properly installed and the receiver, dvd, cable box and the wii system was good. Thanks for your insight, it is very much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts