AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search here and did not see any thread for the new show "Station 19". So, I guess I will start one.

I watched the two hour introduction (actually the first two one-hour episodes) this week. I do enjoy Jaina Lee Ortiz (of "Rosewood"). But, I cannot like this show. To me, all the plot lines were VERY predictable. And, IMO, the show was just a series of PC story lines wrapped by some fire call incidents. I will say that the effects for the fire calls were very well done, though. This show resembles (IMO) the tv show of "9-1-1". "9-1-1" is the same thing only more police/fire oriented instead of just fire oriented. So, for both of these shows, I will not be a future viewer. YMMV.

Anybody have any thoughts about this?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I watch CFD , not interested in another fire show..

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I watch CFD , not interested in another fire show..
I also watch CFD, CPD and Chicago Med. IMO, this "Station 19" just doesn't even come close in quality. I thought I would give it a try, but, as others say, one and done.

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
Finally got around to watching this, I had a hard time finding a 2hr block of time.
While kind of predictable I didn't find it bad and will give it a bit more time to develop. I'm also a sucker for the female lead(old captain's daughter) going back to when she was the main cop in Rosewood.
Oh full disclosure, I don't watch any of the "Chicago" series and no other "fireman" shows :D

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
2 and done for me. Too bad as I'd been looking for a good show for the female lead to star in, since Rosewood, but this one wasn't it :(

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I did the job for 29 years!

I have tried to watch the new shows on air now regarding the profession. I gave up with the storylines and Hollywood image of it. It's the small things like having their helmets on during an emergency. Objects are constantly falling from above sometimes through human error while on a response. The directors always claim that the actors faces are partially obscured for their shots when wearing a helmet! I chuckle at that reply as if I can't somehow see the differences between them on a tight shot? They never listen to the technical advisors on the set anyway. No thanks I'll pass on them all. I know of two coworkers that met at work, fell in love and were married. That ended up in divorce and they moved on. I guess real life is boring? ;)

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
‘Station 19’ Renewed For Season 4 By ABC

https://deadline.com/2020/03/station-19-renewed-season-4-by-abc-1202879718/

Boosted by its closer ties with Grey’s Anatomy, spinoff series Station 19 has been renewed for a fourth season. The series, produced by ABC Studios, joins mothership Grey’s, which already has been renewed for next season as part of a multi-year pickup. Both series are executive produced/showrun by Grey’s veteran Krista Vernoff who took over Station 19 at the start of Season 3 and integrated the firefighter drama into a shared universe with Grey’s.

"Station 19, which now serves as a lead-in for Grey’s and stages multiple crossover events a season with the venerable medical drama, ranks as the No. 1 program in the Thursday 8 PM hour this season in total viewers and Adults 18-49. Its viewership is up +9% vs last season as Station 19 is on track to to deliver its most-watched season ever. After 35 days of delayed viewing on linear and digital platforms, Station 19 averages 13.5 million Total Viewers and a 3.71 rating in Adults 18-49 this season."

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just started watching the show this season and have enjoyed the ties to Grey's Anatomy which help both shows have a strong core. I do think the two 9-1-1 shows on Fox are more exciting and have more appealing characters, but it's not an unpleasant way to spend 42 minutes each week.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
you are not missing much on the Chicago shows. CPD is bed hopping last night with Hastead and the other blonde detective..(n)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts