AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from an e-mail I just received from the store I'm purchasing my HS10 from. I don't want to give the name, but needless to say I trust the info.

"This is the latest from Sony Corp regarding the status of your HS10's on backorder.... Sony has only 108 units coming in for the entire United States sometime between now and the end of the month of April."

This doesn't sound good for those of us wanting the HS10. Just thought people here would like to know the current information. Sony must be having a number of issues with this projector. I only hope they figure it out prior to receiving mine.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Man, that's terrible news! My dealer ordered me a replacement HS10 back in January and I'm still waiting to receive it. Unfortunately, he got two units in about two weeks ago, but they were accidentally sent out by his salesmen to two folks who had new orders placed. I've been told I'm getting the next one, but who knows when that'll be. At least I have a PJ to use in the meantime, and hopefully when I do receive my new PJ all of the bugs will be worked out.

My dealer also said that Sony shut down for a period of time on 31 March due to the end of the Japanese fiscal year. If true, that might explain the low yield of projectors for April.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I bought my HS10 from the Sony store in mid town Manhattan 3 weeks ago. I placed an order on Saturday, and the salesman told me it is out of order. He then call me on Monday and said there will be 2 available in one day. I took it and receive the unit three days later. I inspected the box, it still had Northwest cargo plane sticker on it. I don't know about other people, but mine seemed to be shipped by air from Japan. If you don't want to wait, try a Sony store near you.

Victor

·
Registered
45 Posts
Victor,

there seems to be some aversion to buying direct from Sony on this board. I have so far gotten them to replace my unit twice (first within a week and the second the SAME day). who can argue with such service esp when some people (me included) have had problems.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I ordered mine two weeks ago and got an e-mail from them a couple of days ago saying that it will be the end of April before it arrives. That's not very encouraging, but at the price I'm paying I'm willing to wait.

My only problem is I have this nice Hush Box all finish, just waiting for the pj. :(

Traveler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.