AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to see Monsters Inc. and the teaser trailer was there...AWESOME...Vader breathing in the background...All the scenes looked excellent...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Did you see any EE???

hehehe

·
Banned
992 Posts
Should be online on the 9th.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Seems a lot darker than TPM. Any word on a Jar Jar scene? So far, so good.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I thought it sucked ass. It showed nothing and was just a bunch of short clips with breathing noise. It was barely even a trailer.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Quote:
It was barely even a trailer.
Well, in all fairness it was a teaser trailer which means they "tease" you with short clips. This was not meant to be the longer trailer that is suppose to be before the Harry Potter movie.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I disagree. The trailer was a hodge podge of stuff not letting you see anything. The big + is this was in front of a kids movie and there was no JAR JAR in the trailer :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
I saw the TEASER on Friday ... there is nothing to it. You get a bunch of quick 1-2 second shots of all the main characters ... who cares! Not exactly "awesome". We already know who the main characters are. Unlike the Phantom Menace trailer that was attached to MEET JOE BLACK a couple years back, this one is not worth the price of admission. If you are going just to see this trailer, save your money, it's not even a minute long and only 2 plot points are revealed and we already knew them... the Anakin and Amadala romance and a lightsaber duel (duh) between Anakin and someone unknown (though I suspect that it is probably towards the end of the movie when Anakin begins to turn to the dark side and he is probably fighting Obi-wan). The absense of Jar Jar was a plus, and even though I didn't hate him as much as the rest of the world, maybe this is an indication that his role will be limited.

One other thing that bugged me ... what the hell was up with the heavy Darth Vader breathing in the trailer? That had absolutely no place in this movie since he doesn't become Darth Vader until Episode III ... whatever ... George going for the dramatics again ...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Quote:
what the hell was up with the heavy Darth Vader breathing in the trailer?
Well, I think it's called foreshadowing. After all, we do hear Darth Vader "breathing" at the end of the credits in Episode I.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just hope that when it is time for his scenes, They use him to play the voice of Vader. If not, it will be a major tragedy and Lucas will have failed trying to bring back Star Wars like it was in the 70's and 80's.

His voice was the movie..

Does anyone know his intentions?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tangeray
I just hope that when it is time for his scenes, They use him to play the voice of Vader. If not, it will be a major tragedy and Lucas will have failed trying to bring back Star Wars like it was in the 70's and 80's.

His voice was the movie..

Does anyone know his intentions?
I wouldn't think they'd use JEJ voice simply because the Vader voice was due to the life support suit he was wearing. Remember, when Luke took the Vader's helmet off in ROTJ his voice wasn't that of JEJ.

Rob

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hank527
...there was no JAR JAR in the trailer :)
Think again! I downloaded the trailor from www.starwars.com and if you pause playback during the Sam Jackson (I forget his Jedi name, Mace Windu?!) scene, you can see Amadala and a Gungan (presumably Jar Jar) walking in while Yoda looks on. Check it out!

Rob

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jar-Jar iza in the background :-(...

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 135dB
Seems a lot darker than TPM. Any word on a Jar Jar scene? So far, so good.
Jar Jar is run over by a landspeeder during the opening credits for Attack of the Clones. "Me no feel so good!"

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Jar Jar is most definitily featured in this SW prequel/sequel. Also, I can't help but wonder who the dark cloaked figure is who carries the red light saber..perhaps a Lord of the Sith yet to be disclosed.

The trailer is available on most StarWars fan sites....however...do NOT confuse the Lucasfilm trailer with fan-made trailers.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
the teaser was great. managed to chill me a bit :D

now, anyone as an address to download it in large format ? don't to pay for QT5 Pro :D

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I read a few years back that James Earl Jones had been signed to do the voice of Darth Vader in the prequels, so unless something unfortunate happens, it will be him. Hopefully Lucas will have him read that line that was added in to the Empire Strikes Back SE while he's at it, that didn't sound like him at all!

I thought the teaser was perfect, it lets the public know that a new Star Wars is coming soon (I heard a lot of people in the crowd express surprise, remember not everyone is like us and reads movie news every day), but it doesn't tell you anything about it. To me that is the perfect teaser. It increases awareness and excitement for a film that is still seven and a half months away from release. A teaser is meant to tease!

·
Registered
714 Posts
This comes from Cinescape.com today ...

The official STAR WARS website has announced that there will be more teaser trailers for STAR WARS: EPISODE II - ATTACK OF THE CLONES in the near future.

First, in keeping with their previous promises, November 9th will finally see the exclusive online trailer that will be accessible through the

PHANTOM MENACE DVD.

Then, another teaser, called "the full teaser trailer" will be attached to prints of HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE, opening

November 16th.

I REFUSE to see Harry Potter ... Ugh!

On another note, what's up with all these Teaser trailers??? Sounds like George is attaching these trailers to the movies of his friends or movies where his pocketbook benefits ... George has got to be one of the most greedy people in Hollywood, and that is no joke. Remember when he promised exclusive footage to Episode 2 on his umpteenth re-release of the Star Wars trilogy and there was hardly anything included? He just makes me sick sometimes...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.