AVS Forum banner

401 - 405 of 405 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Just a reminder that Control4 has a customer advocacy program that really works. If you had a real Control4 dealer install your system with new parts, and you have issues, then make the call.

I’m saying this because alot of people buy used parts on ebay and either get hacked software or a hack programmer for cheap, and try to integrate components that may not be supported.

That’s why Control4 is to designed to be configured , installed and programmed by trained techs. It’s a 4 day in class program.

The Control4 advocacy group will make it right. Recently , they reimbursed another end user $28,000 for his botched install. The dealer gets terminated and the end user gets a new dealer who makes everyone happy.

Working with the right dealer is the way to go. If your a diy person like many are , then Control4 has 2 versions of software tools for you to do everything after the initial setup. (Except add new hardware)

Control4 wants to make sure you are installing supported hardware , and dealers should know this, and if they don’t , they have tools to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi guys, I had a control 4 system installed for my new home last year. Have not had any problems with it. But it is not programmed up to its full potential. Dealer installed the system correctly as far as I can tell. Problem I am running into is that I cannot get the dealer to come back to get the programming done. I have tried multiple ways to get in touch with him to no avail.

Question for u guys is: does anyone have any experience with having their system remotely programmed: from a dealer who's not in the same city. If so, is there any recommendations? There are not too many dealers in the city that I live in(western PA).

Overall, my experience with Control 4 has been very positive. I do not have the time or the knowledge to tweak myself and it is helpful if I can find someone reliable that I can reach out to. With my present dealer, the other worry is if the system has an issue: not sure if I will be able to get in touch with him to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Just a reminder that Control4 has a customer advocacy program that really works. If you had a real Control4 dealer install your system with new parts, and you have issues, then make the call...
Thanks -- this is great info. Wish I knew this a long time ago. Unfortunately, I won't be at the house with the C4 system for a while due to Covid restricting our travel, but will do this a soon as I'm able to get there.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Hi guys, I had a control 4 system installed for my new home last year. Have not had any problems with it. But it is not programmed up to its full potential. Dealer installed the system correctly as far as I can tell. Problem I am running into is that I cannot get the dealer to come back to get the programming done. I have tried multiple ways to get in touch with him to no avail.

Question for u guys is: does anyone have any experience with having their system remotely programmed: from a dealer who's not in the same city. If so, is there any recommendations? There are not too many dealers in the city that I live in(western PA).

Overall, my experience with Control 4 has been very positive. I do not have the time or the knowledge to tweak myself and it is helpful if I can find someone reliable that I can reach out to. With my present dealer, the other worry is if the system has an issue: not sure if I will be able to get in touch with him to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.
I hear this all the time. There are many hit and run providers in all lines of work. I am sending you a PM on how to get help

·
Registered
850 Posts

Thanks in advance.
PM me and I can give you some specific names of remote programmers. Or you can do your own research here - www.c4forums.com - a great community forum with end users and dealers sharing information. there is a sub forum on there dedicated to remote dealers offering their services. Read their posts, read reviews on their work, sync up and take it from there. Most of those remote dealers are also very active on threads offering advice to people doing their own programming so you can get a flavor of their personalities etc to make sure it will jive well with you.

any questions just let me know.

401 - 405 of 405 Posts