AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the HD-sat 520 and am having trouble receiving channel 2. It appears that it is very close to locking in the channel. I have tried different antennas, amps, antenna hight and location with no change. Would it be worth trying samsung's or sony's stb?

Thanks Doug.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
the Sony is basically the same box as your Zenith. These are the 2 best local ota digital tuners around right now, so changing to a different box probably won't help.

Perhaps if you were to post a query in the Local Reception Forum giving your location and the call letters of the "Channel 2" you're trying to lock in, someone in your area can reply with some tips or experiences of their own.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you're in the Chicago area (WBBM) then you should be able to tune in to CBS without any problems starting today (9/15). You can read about what's been going on in this thread

If you're not in the Chicago area, then I don't have a clue. :)

Dan

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Try the Samsung SIR-T151. I disagree that the Sony/Zenith is the best out there. All models have their good and bad points. If one doesn't work, try another. You can always return it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.