AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking of a unit that has a good ota tuner, is black in color to be used for an older analog tv. Do all of the units presently available have to be connected via s-video or composite cables? Do any use the RF connection to transmit the signals to the tv? Are all units compatabile with all tv's? I am looking at the Samsung DLP units as a possible upgrade in the near future?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Are you looking for just OTA or satelite also? Most STBs have s-video and composite outputs, plus will also have component and possibly DVI/HDMI too. Is this for HDTV? If so there is no since hooking that up to an older analog TV as the 720p/1080i HDTV outputs will only come out of the component or DVI/HDMI outputs so you need a TV that will accept that.

John

Quote:
Originally posted by bnewt
Looking of a unit that has a good ota tuner, is black in color to be used for an older analog tv. Do all of the units presently available have to be connected via s-video or composite cables? Do any use the RF connection to transmit the signals to the tv? Are all units compatabile with all tv's? I am looking at the Samsung DLP units as a possible upgrade in the near future?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, it is strictly for ota, and for an older tv. I know that I will not receive HD, but I can receive a digital signal/picture, which should be superior to the analog that I receive now. I also want the stb to distribute the signal via the rf input on the tv for simplicity for the wife, instead of having to select a different input like s-video or composite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.