AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use a Dish6000 w/OTA for HDTV and Satellite, but am moving, and can go any route I like at the new place. What I'd like to know are what are my options for other STB's (I have a mits 46805)? I'd like one that has a nice interface (unlike the 6000), integrates well with a TiVo, and that outputs HD and SD at the same time so I can record the SD version of what I'm watching in HD.

Are there any pages with a compilation of reviews/features of all the available STB's?

Thanks,

Frank

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
I would say a better route is to determine which provider you prefer, Dish or DirecTV.

Unfortunately, if you want to stay with Dish, the 6000 is the only game in town for HDTV.

Dish does offer 4 full time HDTV channels (HBO, Showtime PPV movies, demo loop), compared to the 2 from DirecTV (HBO, demo loop/PPV movies).

None of the current stb's output both SD & HD at the same time. This can be gotten around by adding other equipment (VGA 1 in 2 out distribution amp, NTSC scan convertor), but it's cheaper just to buy another receiver.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

[This message has been edited by Ken H (edited 07-02-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.